Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2015, 08:14 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
To the extreme side of clean and spotless there's always Groits Garage

Window and Glass Cleaning - Griot's Garage

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #16
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
For the inside, I use DW. She does a good job. I hold her by the feet.....naw! She's able to handle it on her own.

For the outside, I use one of the microfiber MOPS with about a 14 inch span on the microfiber head. Spray Windex on the windshield and mop away. The mops have a long enough handle that I can reach the top of the windshield while staying stable on the ground.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
Is the"gel gloss cleaner" the brand name? Where do you purchase it?
Yes, "Gel Gloss" is the brand name.

Welcome to Gel-Gloss

Tr Industries 16 oz. Gel-Gloss Kitchen & Batch Cleaner & Polish - Walmart.com
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Something a house cleaner showed me they use is just plain rubbing alcohol in a squirt bottle. Cheap, no streaks, works excellent. One problem is the initial fumes when you spritz the glass, otherwise it really works. Randy
Old 04-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
My Mom and Dad used that and newspaper to clean windows. Works great, newspaper polishes the glass. Probably the same as the brown paper towels dabrooks uses. If you have water spots on windows you can't get off try gel gloss cleaner and polish, really cleans the glass and makes them shine.
We can't use todays newspapers though, soy oil is used for newsprint now, and it makes a mess instead of polishing glass.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckSavage View Post
I do it the same way. I'm 6'2", so reachings a little easier. I just get weary of leaning on the dash!
Also, I'm convinced glass cleaning products aren't what the used to be. It seems everything smears!
AMEN to that!!

I have tried ALL the suggested glass cleaners by folks from here and, other RV forums, Auto forums, clubs and more and, without a doubt, I have yet to find ANY glass cleaner that does not streak. I use good quality, brand new paper towels and have done the inside of our windshield as many as 3 times in a row and, still get some form of streaks. I've used "Vinager and water" "Alcohol and water" and a whole host of other cleaning agents, STILL STREAKED IN THE SUN!!!!
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
We can't use todays newspapers though, soy oil is used for newsprint now, and it makes a mess instead of polishing glass.
When I bought my VW Passat in 13 it had a film on the inside of the windshield. Tried several window cleaners and water vinegar mix. Nothing worked, could always see streaks. Tried newspaper with one of the cleaners I had, streaks were gone with now ink residue. I did know about the soy ink making a mess but didn't happen to me. Only thing was the newspapers now don't hold together like they did before having a high percentage of recycled content. The only thing I didn't use was the Gel Gloss I use on the outside windows, mainly because of the white powder it leave when it's wiped off.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #22
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We started using this stuff last year and are very satisfied.
Invisible Glass Premium Glass Cleaner | Invisible Glass
Old 04-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
We started using this stuff last year and are very satisfied.
Invisible Glass Premium Glass Cleaner | Invisible Glass
I've been using Invisible glass ever since I got my first Vette. I never use anything else.