Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Cleaning Windshields

Just out of curiosity, how do you clean the inside of the windshield in your class A? I brought mine home today to clean it and dewinterize it, so I'm laying on the dash trying to clean the drivers side all stretched out. I don't bend and stretch like I used too and Im going to hate to see what it looks like when the sun hits it!

denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
This is what I use and it seems to work well:http://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Won.../dp/B007ZVLS3A

Take care,
Stu

Old 04-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I do it the same way. I'm 6'2", so reachings a little easier. I just get weary of leaning on the dash!
Also, I'm convinced glass cleaning products aren't what the used to be. It seems everything smears!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #4

I spray with windex and then squeege with a long handle, smae one i use on my house windows
Old 04-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

I have one. I drape a micro-fiber cloth over the oem cloth, it seems to clean a bit better. Our "new" bus is easy to reach without one.

Outside I use 0000 steel wool and a spray bottle of Dawn/water. Squeaky clean!

Stoner invisible glass works very well.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:17 PM   #6

Cleaning Windshields

Window cleaning wand and squeege on inside. I use a concentrated soap made for window cleaning. Leaves a streak free finish.
First time I tried with invisible glass and before that windex. Looked ok but not nearly as good as the squeege method. Also much quicker and easier.

Note: squeege and wand is not a normal car cleaning setup. Lambs wool type of cleaner and high quality squeege. Been using it for years on the S&B.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I use one of the Windshield Wiper style devices and Sprayway Glass Cleaner. I have been using the Sprayway glass cleaner http://www.spraywayinc.com/ since I was in high school, use it on my classic cars, daily drivers and motor home! You can get Sprayway at NAPA and online from Walmart. Sprayway Streakless Glass Cleaner, 19 oz - Walmart.com

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #8

Stoner makes a great tool. with an extension it works great.
Been using this to get to the inside back glass on my Z06.

Reach & Clean Tool | Invisible Glass
Old 04-10-2015, 03:19 AM   #9

I got a few of the Reach & Clean Tool | Invisible Glass because I can use different screw on handles to do inside or outside. I keep one of them just for applying Rainx and it works great.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't have any trouble reaching mine. I have found for streak free windows those old nasty brown paper towels like they have in gas station bathrooms work great. I get them from Sams. You can use any of the major window cleaning products to clean the windows and the last step is a mist which is buffed off with the brown towels. I keep the ones that I cleaned the windows with and add 2 new ones to buff.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I use a a microfiber/nylon scrubby cloth from Almost Heaven Microfiber and good old Walmart window cleaner both inside and outside. I don't aim for "super, sparkly" clean so I'm not so disappointed when the first mega-bug hits.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #12

I've bought and tried a bucket full of things to clean the inside of my windows. I finally asked my Mom what she used to use to clean windows. A cup of white vinegar and a tablespoon of ammonia in a gallon of water she said. I mixed some up and washed the inside of my MH windshield. It cleans very well.
At 72 I don't bend well either, so a microfiber cloth pinned on a dedicated new dust mop from the Dollar store works for me.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:39 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I've bought and tried a bucket full of things to clean the inside of my windows. I finally asked my Mom what she used to use to clean windows. A cup of white vinegar and a tablespoon of ammonia in a gallon of water she said. I mixed some up and washed the inside of my MH windshield. It cleans very well.
My Mom and Dad used that and newspaper to clean windows. Works great, newspaper polishes the glass. Probably the same as the brown paper towels dabrooks uses. If you have water spots on windows you can't get off try gel gloss cleaner and polish, really cleans the glass and makes them shine.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Is the"gel gloss cleaner" the brand name? Where do you purchase it?