Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had a combination unit in the last motor home we had and the wife loved it. Just make small loads and if you take out the clothes between the wash and dry cycles and shake out and put them back in, the drying time really goes down.

Our new motor home has stacked units and she is really in love with these. She can't wait for me to change clothes so she can wash.

We too would not purchase a coach without w/d!

2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH Diesel Pusher, TireTraker TPMS
'08 Honda CRV Protect-a-Tow
burfurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
We have a Splendide in our MH and I would NOT be without it. I don't like the lack of cleanliness in many laundromats nor do I like sitting around waiting for my clothes. I usually hang our clothing to dry since we like the smell. (I have a folding metal dryer that I use in the living room since most parks prohibit clothes lines!)

Rurallady, Eldertree & "Auntie Violet"

2007 Alpine Coach 36 FDTS
rurallady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Like noted....small loads and take your time. Do not get a ventless unit. Get only an outside vented unit.

Boring the hole through the outside wall was not something I really wanted to do but Newmar did have a spot marked on the sidewall for it so I went ahead. Worked fine.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have one and like the fact that we can do a small load while we cook or when we sleep and we actually don't miss the small space it take up. It is factory installed under the kitchen counter, our counter is quite long though so we're good with it.
2015, HR Ambassador 38DBT / 2006 Jeep TJ Towd
340 Cummins / Freightliner Chassis
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
We love our W/D unit, load and forget about it , sure saves time running back and forth to the laundry.
2007 Adventurer
herbertgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
We found they never seem to put laundramats in the nicest areas of town, and had quite a few dirty washers so we installed the Splendide and love it. We had Winnebago install it about 4 months after we bought our used 2007 unit last year. I sure don't want to go back to laundramats.
2007 Winnebago Tour Full-timing for the first time
Kim, Lynda & Cody the shih tzu
See our blog: http://wildridetravels.com/
llmrealestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
I too am single, a full timer, and also am a boondocker (exclusively).

I'm also a function over form type of guy, and as such, and considering my boondocking where I have lots of open space around me, I wash my clothes in a large tub using an old fashioned washing plunger. The trick is to let clothes soak for a full day, and they just about wash themselves.

My dryer is a solar dryer, costs $0.00, with exception of the price of the line, and clothes pins. Well, actually I use climbing rope as I can a good, tight stretch on it.

For those of you that believe that my method does not produce CLEAN clothes, the soaking method produces cleaner clothes than the majority of machines IMHO!

I started doing this because I just hated going to the laundromat and battle the other people there. I cut my own hair for the same reason. I just love self sufficiency!

Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #22

Originally Posted by docj View Post
It's probably worth noting that the new unvented Splendide we installed last winter to replace our 12-yr old one is so good that its performance is very comparable to that of the vented models. We decided to stay with unvented because we didn't want anyone to cut a hole through the sidewall of our MH.

And for those who don't own one, no, the exhaust from an unvented dryer does not come into the RV, despite popular misconceptions to the contrary.
Have one in my Gulf Stream and the dry cycle was anything but .... then the repair guy replaced the heating unit and thing now works a treat.

But your comment above caught my attention. If the unit is 'unvented,' where does the moisture from the drying cycle go?
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #23
Folks that bad mouth ventless washers have apparently never had one. We are not fulltimers but spend 5 months during the winter in our motorhome. The ventless works very good and like docj said they are comparable to vented and no hole in the wall. My wife would recommend her ventless to anyone. If you aint tried one dont knock it.
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #24
Had combo washer-dryers in the last three rvs. Don't want to be without it.
Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #25
It vents into the drain line into the gray tank.
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
We love our combo unit,will it ever pay for itself probably not but in convients it's worth it.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #27
We opted for the vented splendide. I love to do the small washes in it. Yes, it takes awhile to do a load but who cares. I am using the campgrounds electric and water. You don't have to put your clothes in a laundromat washer, when who knows what was is there. Anyway you get a great vibration massage while it spins, ha ha.
2006 40' HR Endeavor. 2002 Corvette red covert show car. 2011 20' Cargo trailer with matching MH paint and graphics for Corvette to live in.
hit the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We pulled our vented splendide out and turned the space into storage. If we fulltimed and had space for a stackable unit, might reconsider. The dryer part doesn't really work all that well. Good luck.

2004 Horizon 40AD/ISC 350/2012 SILVERADO or 2008 Chevy HHR/Demco/Vmspc/FMCA-F394912/SKP-115085/2004 Can-Am Outlander/2013 Polaris RZR
rvarner is offline   Reply With Quote