Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
I have found more consistantly, that sales staff will tell you anything. Manufactures will bid out large quanties of products for use in their line. While both Whirlpool and Splendid are very good products, it will come down to purchasing costs for production. We have had Splendid in the last two coaches without and problems. I am sure Whirlpool has worked equally as well. I am surely not going to eliminate what coach to buy based on the washer and drier used, or base my decision on a salesmans answer that more than likely never used either.
X2. We've been RVing over 40 years. Have bought 4 of our units new. That being said, I'll say that in virtually every case if you ask a dealer salesman a question, they'll invent an answer if they don't know a correct answer, and often will fabricate something in order to make their deal sound like better value/quality.

You are doing the right thing by turning to the forum for advice. User experience is the best measure of value.

We have had the Splendide units in two coaches; one was a combo, and currently have the stacked units. Both have done a good job of cleaning. Keep in mind if your dryer is wired for only 120V, drying will take a LONG time. In our case that's not an issue - we've got nothing but time on our hands.
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #16

Splendide Combo in our previous RV with zero problems but as others have said drying takes longer because the dryer in a S&B has dedicated 50Amp Service. Splendide stackable factory installed in our new hopefully soon to arrive 5th wheel.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #17

I can tell you the 24 inch Thin Twin stacked whirlpool, or the 27 inch Thin stacked pair is far better than a Spledide. I worked on the design and development of both these models and we bench marks all the competitors. It ended up we beat them all, and that was our goal.
But as I say this, I must admit, that in our MH we do have a very slow Splendide 2000, and it does work, but it will tie your clothes in knots if you are not careful between, washing and drying ')
Always shake and fold the clothes when the washer shuts off and then put them back in to dry, and it will help greatly to help wrinkling.
HTH
Ron.
RonLit is offline   Reply With Quote