Originally Posted by vfauto
- What should I expect and how should I operate the systems?
- How many coach Batteries do you all have?
- How many of you have converted to 6 volt and what have the results been.
1. You really should tell everyone the exact batteries you have. With 2 12 volt batteries you probably have about 200 amp hours of storage. (Meaning about 100 of usable storage)
Furnace example @ 19 degrees; Furnace draw about 12 amps/hr. Running 45 minutes every hour. 8hrs X 9 amp/hrs =72 amp/hrs
2. I only have 2 12 volt. They are 120 pounds each and provide about 220 amp hours of AGM powered storage. IMO you get about 200 amp hours per 100 pounds no matter what.
3. Ultimately you just need more amp/hours of storage. If you're on a budget than 6 volts may be cheaper because the golf cart demands.
If you want to know more than just get more storage capacity than please read this; https://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/...ging-puzzle-2/
After you read that you will be convinced to get a Trimetric meter. Until you get a good meter/shunt you really won't know exactly what's going on when everything is working or when it starts to fail.