Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coach Lighting Problem

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? When I unplug my shore power in my 2007 Winnebago Voyage 33VFRD, my coach lighting goes out. I have new batteries and the battery mode solenoid is new. I get lost when trying to follow the wiring diagram so could use some help in what I should check.
2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Funny?

Hello and welcome, what is hard to understand here is that you interior lighting is 12 VDC and should work all the time plugged into shore power or unplugged. I would take a meter and start at the new 12 VDC solenoid switch that was installed and see if the 12 VDC power is going through it, then check your battery compartment to see if a wire was missed and not reinstalled. Is it all the interior lighting not working when unplugged from shore power?
Does the engine start OK? and the chassis lighting work? headlights and marker lights, 12VDC outlet on dash, etc.?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi 2travel,
Welcome to iRV2. If you are talking about the 12 VDC lights, then palehorse89 has the correct task for you to do. One needs to start at the power source and trace the path until one looses the voltage.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I have checked all my 12 volt system that I know to check. Everything works fine as long as I am plugged into shore power except the starting of my generator. I checked voltage on the converter and solenoid and batteries. All 13 volts +. When I disconnect from shore power, all chassis systems still work fine. Steps, slide outs, dash lights, starting, fog lights, running lights, etc. working normal. It is the 12 volts on the coach side that does not work. Interior lighting, water pump, ice box, etc. I feel there is a switch of some sort that transfers from the convertor to the batteries when the shore power is removed.

My generator is another problem I am working on. I can hook a battery external from the coach batteries and start the generator but it will not keep running but I think that is due to the ethanol gas. I need to change the fuel filter and try some fresh gas.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi 2travel,
If you feel there is a switch someplace then posting this questions in the Winnebago Owner's forum here on iRV2 would provide the best answers. The forum is at Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

Generally speaking, the 12 VDC appliances work from the coach batteries. Consider locating the 12 VDC fuse block for the coach fuses. Is there 12 VDC coming into the fuse block? If not then the problem is between the fuse block and the batteries. There could be a large fuse on this connection. I do not know how Winnebago's are made. It would be best to post where the Winnebago owners hang out.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2.
Is the BCO switch on?

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Arrow Check for power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2travel View Post
Can anyone tell me what is wrong? When I unplug my shore power in my 2007 Winnebago Voyage 33VFRD, my coach lighting goes out. I have new batteries and the battery mode solenoid is new. I get lost when trying to follow the wiring diagram so could use some help in what I should check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Welcome to irv2.
Is the BCO switch on?

When you said "Battery mode switch" I take it was the the disconnect solonoid switch for the 12 volt side and the photo of the switch control center for the voltage reading and disconnect rocker switch that 007 posted is on and you have checked with a meter both big lugs on this switch to make sure the 12 VDC is passing through the "closed" switch?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks to everyone! Problem resolved. I found a blown fuse on the battery disconnect relay. Replaced the fuse and everything is working fine.