Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Coach-Net

As some of you may have read about on the Freightliner Chassis forum I've been fighting a low air issue for over a week now. After days of crawling around the coach tracking lines, checking valves, etc, it became apparent that the problem was becoming too complicated, there are simply too many interconnected systems with too many potential failure points to realiably troubleshoot. I could have spent the next two weeks changing out parts in hopes of stumbling onto the culprit.

So yesterday I made the command decison to cut my losses and have the coach towed to the FL shop. I called Coach-Net, which I just recently signed up with for emergency roadside and towing insurance, and I can't begin to express how happy I was with the service they provided.

Absolutely professional from the moment they answered the phone. The very first question out of their mouth, before they asked for a name or policy number or anything was "am I in a safe location?" Very impressive. They then took my info, starting with a call back number so they could contact me if anything happened to our connection (rather than I having to start the process over.) Again, very impressive. After a brief Q&A I was transfered to 2nd tier tech support just to make sure it wasn't something they could walk me through on the phone and save me the hassle of being towed. They then explained they would set up the tow and call me back to verify, which they did, and the tow company also called me (at Coach-Net's request) to verify their ETA. I later received yet another call from Coach-Net just to make sure I was happy with the towing company.

For any of you who may be new to RV'ing and wondering or struggling with which roadside insurance company to go with, I can't say enough about Coach-net. In today's world of businesses doing everything they can to NOT provide the service you paid them for, or to only provide the bare minimum their lawyers tell them they have to, it was a breath of fresh air to deal with Coach-Net.

With this one incident I recouped the $120 I paid them last month. Obviously I hope to never have to call them again, but if I need assistance somewhere down the road I'm very happy to have them in my corner.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Always nice to get positive feedback. A no stress company.

US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just renewed with them the other day. Haven't had to use them yet and hope I may never have to but glad to hear of the positive experience.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #4

I've had Coach Net since 2001. Used them 4 times. Been happy with them each time.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Aren't they great?!

I remember calling them on my maiden voyage when the STOP ENGINE!!! light came on causing me to pull to the side of Interstate 5 heading up the grapevine near LA. At that point I had a total of about 300 miles of driving experience under my belt and they must have gotten a kick out of how loudly I shouted NO when they asked if I was in a safe location.

From what I've read here it doesn't sound like anyone comes close.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I tried to use them last month while at the Phoenix Good Sam rally check in. MH wouldn't start after I got my registration packet. I had already tried the emergency start jump switch and had checked the voltage on the starting batteries (twin 1000 CCA's less than a month old). They insisted that I needed a jump and if that didn't work I'd have to pay for the tow.
After waiting for over an hour I called an onsite tech service and cancelled the service call. They found that it's either a starter (Cummins part) or the on chassis solenoid (a Spartan part). Got two of the chassis solenoids, just need to take the time to install in. It seems to be an intermittent problems as it's started fine since then.
Anyway, I wasn't happy with the service, nor with them telling me I needed a jump start and I've have to pay if that didn't work.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #7

We have had Coach Net since 2007, and have used them three times. One time was when our dash AC quit working. We called them to find the closest place to take the coach. They insisted that the coach be towed since something else could be wrong and they paid the entire tow bill.. they sent a tow truck to tow us 5 miles. We were very impressed. They could have just told us where to go with no cost to them. They don't take the easy way out. Good Company, we will stay with them. We also had a mishap in the high desert of Wyoming that incapacitated our coach. Again they paid for the tow of 150 miles at no cost to us. There have been several other times when we called for help with technical questions that they helped us with in a rapid, efficient manner. We will stay with Coach net as long as we own a coach.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D
I tried to use them last month while at the Phoenix Good Sam rally check in. MH wouldn't start after I got my registration packet. I had already tried the emergency start jump switch and had checked the voltage on the starting batteries (twin 1000 CCA's less than a month old). They insisted that I needed a jump and if that didn't work I'd have to pay for the tow.
After waiting for over an hour I called an onsite tech service and cancelled the service call. They found that it's either a starter (Cummins part) or the on chassis solenoid (a Spartan part). Got two of the chassis solenoids, just need to take the time to install in. It seems to be an intermittent problems as it's started fine since then.
Anyway, I wasn't happy with the service, nor with them telling me I needed a jump start and I've have to pay if that didn't work.
Next time, don't tell them you're at a Good Sam Rally. Just a thought.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I very recently bought coachnet, don''t even have my cards yet.
Glad to read (again and again) that I probably made a good decision
Old 04-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good to hear, I am pretty new to this and I am a good mechanic, but sitting here I have come up with a list of things I could not fix along the road.Will look into this when we finely start long trips.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I plan to sign up before a major trip in the fall. Maybe sooner?
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had coachnet for the last 3 years and needed them once. Top notch service.

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Used em once for a tire issue-fantastic response. Been with em for 4 years and as long as I have an RV, they will be with me.
Richard
Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wouldn't leave home without it!
Two instances I've had to use them and they got me out of the jamb both times.
I've been very happy with their services....

RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote