Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #15

We had CN free on our last 2 fifth wheel trailers the first two years and they were great when we blew tires on both. It was free on our MH the first year and they came to the rescue for a tow for a stupid move on my part.
Also provided tech service several times to get me going.
I signed up for 3 years of premium service in a heartbeat when the free coverage ended.

good luck
pointrow

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfr61 View Post
New to owning a class a so we decided to purchase coach net for $89 yr.
On their web site I find $159 a year for the "Motorized RV Premier Plan". I like $89 much better ....were they having a special promotion or something?

Coach-Net

JillDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
On their web site I find $159 a year for the "Motorized RV Premier Plan". I like $89 much better ....were they having a special promotion or something?
I've had the misfortune of having to call Coachnet three times this season for three completely unrelated issues (1st was a failure that prevented my coach air suspension from coming to ride height that made it undriveable, 2nd was a flat tire - and finally, third, a failed pump motor for the hydraulics). In each instance Coachnet quickly and courteously walked me thru some troubleshooting and ultimately dispatched mobile RV techniciansto help me out. The hydraulic pump motor failure happened on Tuesday afternoon - and I just got the call that the replacement motor has been received and that the tech is on the way to install it! As lovely as Iowa is .. we're looking forward to rolling again!!!!

I recouped my $159 membership fee on the first dispatch. It's a small price to pay for having that bit of security in your back pocket!!!!
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #18

Triple A?

Does anyone have any experience with the AAA RV towing coverage? I'll look into coach net and see if it can replace what I have.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:07 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Interesting comment "accidents aren't covered". Well fool me, I assumed if your vehicle is disabled for ANY reason they provide assistance.

Did I misunderstand ...

WDW.... It's as simple as the difference between a breakdown and a casualty loss. CN covers breakdowns; your casualty insurer covers casualty events.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS40, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:53 AM   #20

Went to pick up our last coach for a little trip. Flat tire! CN showed up within an hour, found out the valve was loose and leaked the air out. One hour later on the road, no charge! Guy had brought a tire just in case. This was in MIAMI! Can't say enough good things about em....
Old 09-28-2016, 07:18 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfr61 View Post
New to owning a class a so we decided to purchase coach net for $89 yr. The first week we had it we got it stuck in our yard and buried it to the rear axle. Called coach net and they had someone there within 1/2 hr and winched us out. Nothing but asphalt for us from now on. Tow truck guy told me it would have cost me $675 but he billed them and took care of everything. I'm impressed. Customers for life!

2002 Winnebago Brave 36M
F53 Ford V10
been there done that in the yard, luckily the GMC 4x4 in 4 wheel low pulled out my tag. I was amazed at my good fortune. I stupidly thought since I'd historically parked my 10K# boat & triple axle trailer in that same area, that my coach wouldn't sink. Guess I hadn't thought that my 12.5K# front axle on two wheels was a little different than 10K#'s on six wheels:

trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've had Good Sam since 2001, but when it comes up for renewal I plan to switch to CoachNet!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #23

So I have been looking at coach net for a while and can't decide which plan I need. These are the options they gave me. What are you all's thoughts on which is appropriate?

5 Year Preferred Service Contract - $200 Deductible - $5,173
5 Year Roadside Protect - $595
5 Year Hazard Protect - $900

1 year rate for the Roadside and Hazard Protect is $309
(do I need both or just one?)
Old 09-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfiredawg View Post
So I have been looking at coach net for a while and can't decide which plan I need. These are the options they gave me. What are you all's thoughts on which is appropriate?

5 Year Preferred Service Contract - $200 Deductible - $5,173
5 Year Roadside Protect - $595
5 Year Hazard Protect - $900

1 year rate for the Roadside and Hazard Protect is $309
(do I need both or just one?)
I believe the discussion is about roadside assistance only. That Preferred Service Contract appears to be an extended warranty type deal. Our roadside assistance is $79 a year and if paid early, drops to $69.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #25

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by irene67 View Post
We are picking up our first Class A on Friday and I was thinking I need to get roadside assistance set up before we even attempt to drive it home. You sealed the deal for me! Signing up for Coach net now!!
Been a class A MH owner for 5 years and luckily i've never needed roadside assistance. But after reading all the great reviews about coach net I went ahead and got their motorized premium plan. Figured i've spent quite a bit of money on safety items like TPMS, auxiliary brake, new tires etc. etc. The $159 is money well spent for peace of mind.

My DW has mentioned to me what do others do who aren't as handy at fixing things, I replied dig deep into their pockets. I have also learned that what ever price point coach you purchase things will happen that need repair.

Once getting ready to pull out of my driveway for a trip and the last thing to do was pull up the jacks..well all but one came up. Luckily it was during business hours and a call or 2 got me to the jack manufacturer. Trouble shoot with him to find a bad seliniod that I was able to jump to raise the offending jack. Did that at every camp over a month.

Now with our new to us coach getting ready for her first trip for a month in the keys i can rest easy...... for now.
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I believe the discussion is about roadside assistance only. That Preferred Service Contract appears to be an extended warranty type deal. Our roadside assistance is $79 a year and if paid early, drops to $69.
Correct...I am not really interested in the extended warranty as my coach is brand new and doing good...I guess what I was really looking for was is there any reason to both of the other two items or will just the basic option suffice.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:16 AM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post

Coach-Net
I see another post with the mention of a $89 membership from SarahW ??

When I joined yesterday the only options i saw were for motorized at the $159 or towable a few dollars less. I did some searching on CN and in my renewal page they list a basic plan at the $89 and the premier coach at $159. With more searching i could not find information for the basic plan to compare the difference.

Someone please enlighten me.
2006 Georgie Boy Pursuit 31'
bruce91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just now spoke with Coach Net. The $159 Premier service is the only roadside plan offered as of a couple weeks ago.