Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #1

Coach net Vs Good Sam

New to this site. I have a Good Sam membership, just learned about coach net.
Kind of wild to have a vehicle without a spare.

Pros and cons??

Milton

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome! Spare tire is a oft discussed topic. Opinions on both sides of the street. Suggest to use the search feature to find already existing threads.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:04 AM   #3

I had Good Sam--- was towing a trailer behind the motorhome and had a bearing failure on the trailer. Called Good Sam... they told me to look at the small print where it said the trailer wasn't covered. I switched to Coach Net, where they do cover trailers and any other vehicle you may be in .
Old 01-06-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I had Good Sam--- was towing a trailer behind the motorhome and had a bearing failure on the trailer. Called Good Sam... they told me to look at the small print where it said the trailer wasn't covered. I switched to Coach Net, where they do cover trailers and any other vehicle you may be in .
Nothing for nothing but you screwed up. Coach Net will not tow it either and all vechiles are not covered unless you have their Premier plan. Same with Good Sam you need their Platinum plan. It's printed in big bold letters on both of their web sites what each plan does and doesn't cover.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have either plan and have a blow out. You don't need to carry a spare.
They will have one brought to you. But you do have to pay for it.

Carry a spare with you and after 10 years it is not needed. You need to buy another one to carry with you. A waste of $$$ gone. Could have used the $$$ to buy one delivered to you if needed.

I had to buy one from a service truck one time. And it was cheaper then what I paid a dealer later for the other replacements each.

That was in September 2004 when the last of 2 Michelin zipper blow outs happened. Haven't had any with G670's Goodyear tires.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Nothing for nothing but you screwed up. Coach Net will not tow it either and all vechiles are not covered unless you have their Premier plan. Same with Good Sam you need their Platinum plan. It's printed in big bold letters on both of their web sites what each plan does and doesn't cover.
This is true, I needed help with my trailer on a spare and no issue with Good Sam since I have the RV Platinum Plan, which also covers my Harley and all of my personal vehicles. Coach Net also overs a more comprehensive plan similar.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:39 AM   #7

Howdy!

I've had both Good Sam ERS and Coach Net. Without a dough Coach Net is the best.

"Happy Trails
chiefneon
Old 01-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I had the truck tire place throw one of the old tires in the basement. I'll lug it around for a while, but I know as soon as I take it out, I'll get a flat.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #9

I've had GS ERS for several years, have needed them twice, 1st time on interstate in MO, blow out on ps rear tire. Service Truck arrived after reasonable time with new tire. Jacked up MH replaced inside rear tire, no service fee for 60 mile round trip and tire change. Paid for that year's mbrshp fee. Used again in Sep. for tow to repair shop for fuel leak. I'm pretty sure that last year's mbrshp was paid for.

tom076 is offline   Reply With Quote