Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #29

Coach-Net vs. Good Sam vs. FMCA Roadside Assistance

Thanks for the information, I was going to call on Monday. My name is what I use on several discussion boards and I was one of the original members of Corvetteforum.com. They also used my previous car at the top of the website for a number of years.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Geico RV insurance includes Roadside assistance. Has anyone had experience with Geico?
I am trying to decide if my coachnet and geico are repetitive...
Brianb131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:58 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb131 View Post

My Geico RV insurance includes Roadside assistance. Has anyone had experience with Geico?
Go back to post #13 and download the brochure plan for Coach-Net Premier ERS. Then compare what Geico will cover in their ERS plan versus Coach-Net and you will have your answer.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianb131 View Post
Does Geico have personal there 24/7 for you to call?
or do you have to do all the "Leg Work" and then turn the bill in?
Having someone to call, after a break down once, is a comforting thought while traveling for me.
I have Erie Insurance Roadside along with Coachnet..........as Erie does not cover what Coachnet will. And I have to do all the leg work with Erie, and then turn the bills in, as they are not in the office 24/7
This is from Erie's web site:

Emergency Road Service is an optional coverage that may be added to your Auto Policy. If your car is disabled, ERIE will pay reasonable towing and required labor cost at the site of the breakdown. Contact the provider of your choice and then submit the bills for reimbursement

Edit: One more item to ponder, I was with GS for 6 years(Never needed them, thank god!) and over the years of reading on here about different experiences with roadside assistance, and at renewal time, GS "Dropped" their "Trailer coverage" and now they only cover Boat trailer's...........FMAC does also does not cover trailer's, but Coachnet does.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #33

In case you haven't see it, there is another thread going on saying the they PPL is offering Coach Net for $139.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
In case you haven't see it, there is another thread going on saying the they PPL is offering Coach Net for $139.
Haven't found it and can't find it on the PPL website
Old 01-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Haven't found it and can't find it on the PPL website
I had to use their search function. Here's a short cut for you.

Coach-net Roadside Assistance | RV Nana
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Do you know that you can get roadside service through your own vehicle insurance company tacked on to your policy for about $20? There are only a limited amount of towing companies in a particular area and all roadside use the same ones. When you call just give them all the pertinent information as to weight, size, etc. It really does work.

That is what I am now wondering. I have Progressive with roadside assist and it seems to cover mechanical and flat tire problems. Why would I need additional roadside coverage? Am I missing something? I just don't want to buy duplicate services but also want to be sure I have what I may need. Not sure if I need more than regular policy or not. Anyone else out here with just your vehicle policy? 🤔
Tom Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lopez View Post
That is what I am now wondering. I have Progressive with roadside assist and it seems to cover mechanical and flat tire problems. Why would I need additional roadside coverage? Am I missing something? I just don't want to buy duplicate services but also want to be sure I have what I may need. Not sure if I need more than regular policy or not. Anyone else out here with just your vehicle policy? ��
Yes, I am insured by Blue Sky and I decided to just go with Blue Sky's Emergency Road Service instead of paying the exorbitant price structure increase of Coach-Net. I had Coach-Net for over a decade and only used them once for a minor issue.

Blue Sky Motor Club is $52/year. For me, it makes more sense. Sure, it doesn't have have all the bells and whistles as Coach-Net but covers what I need.

I agree with you, Progressive's ERS sounds good to me also. I'm not one who wishes to have more than one ERS. But to each his own.

Progressive RV Roadside Assistance

My blue sky ERS coverage description is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blue Sky RV Motor Club benefits.pdf (1.36 MB, 154 views)
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
I used Progressive's roadside assist last year after the tranny failed on my Winnebago View (Dodge Sprinter chassis). I called the wrecker and they reimbursed me, but they prefer you call their number first. I believe there is a limit on distance, though (50 miles?) After driving many miles through the middle of nowhere, the tranny failed 2 miles from the Dodge dealer in Hobbs, NM!
Tahoejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoejeep View Post

I used Progressive's roadside assist last year after the tranny failed on my Winnebago View (Dodge Sprinter chassis). I called the wrecker and they reimbursed me, but they prefer you call their number first. I believe there is a limit on distance, though (50 miles?) After driving many miles through the middle of nowhere, the tranny failed 2 miles from the Dodge dealer in Hobbs, NM!
So what would you have done IF your tranny had failed out in the "middle of nowhere" as you stated versus 2 miles from the Dodge dealer?

Coach-Net has provided proper size tow vehicles for my coach and my trailer three different times, one for about 10 miles, another for over 200+ miles and a third for over 80+ miles.

Having a 50 mile tow limit would never work for me.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
We just got our first DP in July 2016. I signed up with Good Sam. Unfortunately, we have had to use their services a few times in the last few months. The first time, we required winching the RV out as we got it stuck in the mud. The next time,we needed to be jump started. Then, I broke down on I-20 outside of Abilene and had to have our 45 ft DP (with a car carrier ) towed, so two separate tow trucks. The RV had to be left in Abilene. When we went back to get the coach, in January, we ended up needing a mobile rv tech to come out.
I called again because I thought we needed another mobile rv tech on 1/11 as the coach wouldn't start. The "nice" (insert sarcastic tone) lady that answered asked me if we had gotten a letter from them. Why, no, why do you ask? "Because GS will be dropping you from coverage. Why? I think it is due to your usage in 2016". Wow, thanks for dumping this on me as I'm calling for help. So, evidently, they don't want you to use the service.
I understand we used the coverage and got way more than we paid for, but that is the chance they take. I had also recently added FMCA, so I guess we won't be without coverage totally.
Nothing would have made me happier than to never had to use the roadside assistance. I guess I need to look into coach-net also.
Tracey
sf49erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #41

Just wanted to report back. Signed up for Coachnet today. Seems there are far fewer complaints and since my roadside assistance didn't expire until yesterday and the coach is in storage I wanted to take my time to investigate. In the intervening months there has been an onslaught of Good Sam letters, late reminders, urgent reminders, etc. The plethora of junk mail helped me make the decision to switch over from Good Sam to Coachnet.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzyfit View Post
Only had to use coach net once and that was enough for me. They still owe me $65 reimbursement for the money I paid the tow truck driver at the time of service. When you're stuck in the middle of an intersection, blocking the curb lane, and CN continues to ask the same questions, over and over again, AFTER you've identified yourself, including providing them with your then current ID number, is NONSENSE. They dispatched a tow truck used for towing cars and lite duty trucks to tow my KSDP to the shop. Obviously, it didn't work. Another call to CN, this time DEMANDING they dispatch a tow vehicle capable of towing my 28,000 M/H. 4 hours later, a real tow truck arrives. While talking with the driver, I said, you folks must be really busy this Sunday and was told, NO, we've got 2 trucks this size and this was the 1st call they had gotten all day. No doubt, the reason for the delay and dispatching the small tow truck in the first place was Coach Net's wanting to save money.
I sincerely hope anyone who has CN and needs a tow has better service/results than I did.
I had a similar problem with Coach-Net dispatching a tow truck incapable of handling my rig despite the fact I was crystal clear with them about what I needed.
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote