Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #1

Coach question

In my continued search for a semi-full time rig, found that the newer Tiffin's have two things that would be great on other coach and I was wondering if other coaches have these items? (1) heated floors. (2) tankless water heaters, this is a big must have. Does anyone know if the tankless water heater could be added on any rigs?

Thanks

Tom

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom222 View Post
In my continued search for a semi-full time rig, found that the newer Tiffin's have two things that would be great on other coach and I was wondering if other coaches have these items? (1) heated floors. (2) tankless water heaters, this is a big must have. Does anyone know if the tankless water heater could be added on any rigs?

Thanks

Tom
A lot of newer coaches are using Aqua Hot systems that have heated floors, "instahot" water, and engine preheats. Also look at the Entegra's they have Aqua Hots on all there units although the heated floors are on the Anthems and Cornerstones.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #3

Quote:
(1) heated floors. (2) tankless water heaters, this is a big must have.

Thanks

Tom
Tom I respect your wishes. However, I have fulltimed for 11 years and had neither of the above. My wife and I have been very comfortable.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruelens View Post
Tom I respect your wishes. However, I have fulltimed for 11 years and had neither of the above. My wife and I have been very comfortable.
Gruelens, Does your 2007 Mountain Aire have aqua hot ? Most high end Newmars do......provides endless hot water just like a tankless design.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #5

Tom, excellent choice on amenities. We have both and consider the heated floors and AquaHot an absolute necessity for full timing now. The comfort level provided by heated floors in cool to cold weather is amazing. It's been 34 degrees here in FL, between the electrically heated floors and fireplace it kept the coach at 72 or above. Completely silent and no other heat was needed.
Many newer coaches have heated floors and either true tankless WH or use AquaHot or HydroHot for their Hot water.
Check around the different manufacturers. I'm sure you'll find a floor plan with both those items that fit your liking.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I believe the higher end coaches from MOST manufacturers have the Hydro Hot, Aqua Hot systems that double as heating and hot water systems. Yes these systems do have almost endless hot water. On my coach the heated floor is independent of the Hydro Hot system. Heated floors are quite nice on those cold mornings on bare feet.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
(1) heated floors. (2) tankless water heaters, this is a big must have.

Big must haves? not for everyone
Old 01-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Tom said it was a must have for him, not you.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
Tom said it was a ''must have'' for him, not you.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #10

Quote:

Thanks

Tom
They could be added, sure. There are several manufacturers that offer tankless H2O systems that you could easily install. Check out:

Stiebel Eltron 220816 Mini which is electric
LG Model L10 High-capacity and the Triton 5L are propane/LPG fired

Mind you: most of these 'tankless' heaters do have some supply requirements that you must meet. Read the manufacturers information for details....
Old 01-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #11

Quote:
In my continued search for a semi-full time rig, found that the newer Tiffin's have two things that would be great on other coach and I was wondering if other coaches have these items? (1) heated floors. (2) tankless water heaters, this is a big must have. Does anyone know if the tankless water heater could be added on any rigs? Thanks Tom
Many Newmars offer heated tile floors as well. See it listed in the picture below which is from the 2014 Mountain Aire specifications.

Other models and years also had that feature.

Newmars and other brands offer hydronic heating (Oasis / AquaHot) which gives unlimited instant hot water same as as a tankless design, but in addition, it heats the coach as well. :thumbs up :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-503955709.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	363.4 KB
ID:	54700  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #12

We are spending the winter here in South Dakota. It's been down to -26. between our nu-heat heated tile floors and aqua hot we can keep the coach at 74. So as a full timer would never be without either. JMHO
tomdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
No he did not say it was FOR him, he just said they were big must haves. Nothing in there said it was anything other than he was looking and he thinks they are must haves. It would have been better to have said something like "I would like to find RVs with these in them, I would like to have them." Or "These are a must for me, does anyone know of any others that have these extras?"
Old 01-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been FT for 5 years now and this rig has no heated floors, though most of it is carpeted.. If you have carpets, heating the floor won't really help.. (Though it is I admit, a nice feature).

Tankless, or "on Demand" as they are also called water heaters. Are nice, they, like everything, have pro's and cons.
First: A pro: They are very efficient. Since they only run when needed, they do not waste energy keeping water hot... This is a great plus when you are paying for the energy.

Second: you never run out of hot,,,, unless you run out of propane.

Finally.. The cons: They eat propane, THough if you are on a 240 volt (50 amp) site you might be able to do a fair job with electric, fact is it's going to suck major amps out of that system.. So the RV units are propane... Nothing but propane.

This means you have to feed 'em

And one more con, Now do understand that last year I'd never have thought of this but it's amazing what just 26 days can do to you.

My water heater has not frozen, no matter how cold it has gotten (Down to -6 one morning many moons ago) the water heater did NOT FREEZE.. Why,, Because it was turned on and thus it was HOT not frozen.

I've seen what happens when they freeze.. Thankfully ... not mine, but another customer of the dealer who was installing my tow system for my car.