Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #267
Senior Member
 
Coma's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 1,757
Donut Lover, I am sure you are right about this. This sort of thing used to called abuse of authority. Where, you are singled out for a trumped up reason and then fined for not being cordial about it. In a society where nearly everything is illegal, it is to be expected.

Like it or not Law Enforcement Officers are held to a higher standard, not only legally, but morally and ethically, too.
__________________

__________________
Jim and Jennie, Cats=Bittles and Potter, 2000 Dynasty 350 ISC
2013 Silverado 4x4 Towed with R1200GS in bed.
PROV23:4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #268
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,493
Anyone heard of the term "circle check"?

Years ago on my first ticket I got to go to traffic school and back then it was hosted by chp.

The officer was "trooper dan" who also did radio stuff and was local great guy.

He provided lots of information and key was they usually pull you over for good reason and if you are a jerk they as the chp are responsible for safety so they can check your vehicle for operation of all safety equipment.

Including the water in the windshield washers and blades.

Every car could have something found if looked for.

This was one tool used on jerks...
__________________

__________________
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:20 PM   #269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 165
Here's another reason why you answer, very politely, no, when asked to volunteer to be searched:

DEA Steals $16,000 In Cash From Young Black Man, Because He Must Be A Drug Dealer
__________________
1986 Rockwood
OldToolmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #270
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldToolmaker View Post
Here's another reason why you answer, very politely, no, when asked to volunteer to be searched:

DEA Steals $16,000 In Cash From Young Black Man, Because He Must Be A Drug Dealer

Sickening!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #271
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,453
Blog Entries: 1
Coach searched

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldToolmaker View Post
Here's another reason why you answer, very politely, no, when asked to volunteer to be searched:

DEA Steals $16,000 In Cash From Young Black Man, Because He Must Be A Drug Dealer

They can have my 200 bucks.
Have been searched 2x by customs. There was not an option. They were curtious and put everything carefully away.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #272
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
They can have my 200 bucks.
Have been searched 2x by customs. There was not an option. They were curtious and put everything carefully away.
We have no option when it comes to customs or Border Protection. If we refuse they simply do not allow you to cross. We do have an option with state police.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #273
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,453
Blog Entries: 1
Coach searched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We have no option when it comes to customs or Border Protection. If we refuse they simply do not allow you to cross.

Yes, I knew that.
Their computer picked us out randomly. No human choice. It was very pleasant, actually! Other folks got rankled about it (something about needless delay) and the search was much more thorough and lengthy for them.
I was computer-picked walking into the US from Los Algodones, but they just shrugged and said to move along.
A fellow at a BP road checkpoint in AZ was detained after he threw a hissy fit. Not a good outcome, me thinks.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #274
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yes, I knew that.
Their computer picked us out randomly. No human choice. It was very pleasant, actually! Other folks got rankled about it (something about needless delay) and the search was much more thorough and lengthy for them.
I was computer-picked walking into the US from Los Algodones, but they just shrugged and said to move along.
A fellow at a BP road checkpoint in AZ was detained after he threw a hissy fit. Not a good outcome, me thinks.
I should have known that you knew. No offence meant on my part.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #275
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,453
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I should have known that you knew. No offence meant on my part.

None taken.
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:52 PM   #276
GKW
Member
 
GKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sixes, OR
Posts: 90
Here is a good example of how a refusal of a search in Nevada after a stop for driving a RV to slow in the fast lane. The Cop then called ahead and arranged a second stop with a different LEO with a drug sniffing dog. The dog alerted for drugs(surprise, surprise)and none were found but $160,000 was found and confiscated just because.A judge ordered the money returned two years later and no mention of the legal expenses incurred. A sad commentary on what our country has become.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Judge...38/38/Y/M.html
__________________
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #277
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 72
Know your rights. An officer may not stop you unless he/she has a legal reason. With that being said, Please comply with the directions of the officer. You can always file a complaint with the department later, or even a civil rights lawsuit.

Should you get stopped and it is for a legal reason (tail light, brake light not working etc etc) and the officer asks you if he can search your vehicle, just say no.

The officer now has a decision to make: A) search your vehicle illegally, which anything he/she finds will be inadmisable in court. or B) detain you longer and obtain a search warrant. or C) have you on your merry way.

C will most likely be the officers decision. Unless he/she can articulate any other reason for the search.

Please remember this, the officer is in charge at this moment. You may not think he has a legal right to stop you (and he/she may not) but he/she is in charge for that moment in time.

There are good officers who do good police work and there are officers who do poor police work. Don't make a situation worse by being a "road side attorney" with an officer doing poor police work. Let the officer be in charge and file a complaint later.

I hope this helps, LEO
__________________
2010 Fleetwood Discovery, Cummins ISB 350, 2016 Jeep Rubicon or 2005 Jeep Rubicon.
jth camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:43 AM   #278
GKW
Member
 
GKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sixes, OR
Posts: 90
[QUOTE=GKW;2620939]Here is a good example of how a refusal of a search in Nevada after a stop for driving a RV to slow in the fast lane. The Cop then called ahead and arranged a second stop with a different LEO with a drug sniffing dog. The dog alerted for drugs(surprise, surprise)and none were found but $160,000 was found and confiscated just because.A judge ordered the money returned two years later and no mention of the legal expenses incurred. A sad commentary on what our country has become.



http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/la...-seized-nevada
__________________
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #279
Senior Member
 
sbahrns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth camper View Post
Know your rights. An officer may not stop you unless he/she has a legal reason. With that being said, Please comply with the directions of the officer. You can always file a complaint with the department later, or even a civil rights lawsuit.

Should you get stopped and it is for a legal reason (tail light, brake light not working etc etc) and the officer asks you if he can search your vehicle, just say no.

The officer now has a decision to make: A) search your vehicle illegally, which anything he/she finds will be inadmisable in court. or B) detain you longer and obtain a search warrant. or C) have you on your merry way.

C will most likely be the officers decision. Unless he/she can articulate any other reason for the search.

Please remember this, the officer is in charge at this moment. You may not think he has a legal right to stop you (and he/she may not) but he/she is in charge for that moment in time.

There are good officers who do good police work and there are officers who do poor police work. Don't make a situation worse by being a "road side attorney" with an officer doing poor police work. Let the officer be in charge and file a complaint later.

I hope this helps, LEO
X2 from someone who spent 30 years in law enforcement.
__________________
Steve and Liz
2016 Ventana 4041, All Electric
http://fulltimingit.com
sbahrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #280
Senior Member
 
mrt_1111's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 972
I remember those boxes. I'm sorry that you had à difficult time due to thé volume of thé music. Mark does everything, allowing me to nothing.
__________________

__________________
Mark
1999 Bounder 32H Ford V10, 2012 Ford Focus, Pretty DW, 1 cat. Retired USAF
mrt_1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Coach: American Coach Owners - We need your knowledge/experience Just For Fun Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum 17 10-09-2014 07:31 PM
Thor Motor Coach Offers Exclusive Rapid Camp™ Wireless Control System DriVer RV Industry Press 5 10-04-2014 11:15 PM
Country Coach - Horrible Technical Support & Customer Service Experience customfab Class A Motorhome Discussions 48 08-08-2014 02:02 PM
No 12 volts in Coach. 12 to BCC - stops there I guess. Rstefani Thor Industries Owner's Forum 2 07-27-2014 02:40 PM
Alliance Coach & Source Engineering RonaldNC Monaco Owner's Forum 9 03-23-2014 10:00 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.