Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, a lot of folks see that nice Motor home and they feel you are somehow "Better than they"

Now when someone feels someone else is better than they, there are three possible courses of action.

1: You can work to improve yourself
2: You can "Grin and bear it" (Live with it, accept it, however you wish to say it)
3: You can "Bring them down" (Crush, crumble and chomp. in short vandalize)

Guess which one people of small mental capacity choose. (You don't have to you have seen)

Even putting it in storage (less it is locked indoor storage) won't stop it. My suggestion is a trail camera.. These motion senistive cameras won't prevent anything, but they may give you a photo you can hand to the nice police officer.. Then when the vandals go to court and say "I was Framed!!" the officer can say to the judge. Why yes your honor. They were framed, here is the frame, and hand the Judge a framed photo of them in the act.

Then once they are convicted of the crime.. Your insurance company can ask them for triple the cost of the repair. And the fun is only starting (Fun for you not for them) .

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950 View Post
Set up a game cameraso you can see who to take out of the gene pool
I missed the smiley in your post.

Someone might actually believe that you are suggesting murder over a rotten egg.

UltraKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccsix View Post
I've had the egg thing done to my coach. I knew who was guilty, 2 local neighborhood kids who's father resented me parking it the woods near my home. So I gathered up a large group of neighbor hood kids (incl the perbs) and told them this was wasn't fun & games but vandalism, told them the cops had been called, I installed cameras (but they the cheap lookalikes) AND offered a substantial reward to any kid that could ID the egger.
No more harassment.
This is nearly exactly what I did. No more vandalism when I enlisted the neighborhood kids to watch for me. They seemed to like the trust I put in them. But I didn't bother to tell them about cameras or the cops. I did mention an award. Never had another problem after that.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were having a problem with vandals at one time. I was lucky enough to get a look at the car but not the tags. The next day I drove down to the High School and have a look at the cars around there. Well, Low and behold there was the car and when I went up to look in the window, it had a For Sale sign in it with the phone number. I called the number (caller ID shut off) and inquired about the car. She told me it was her son Bill that was selling it and he would be home from school about 4pm.
I gave Bill a call and explained to him that although he didn't kow who I was, I knew who he was and that if there was any more problems on our street, no matter who did it, I was comming for him and would kill him. Needless to say Bill was a bit shaken and exclaimed in no uncertain terms that it wasn't him. I told him it really didn't matter, if anything went wrong on our steet he was a dead man so he better let everyone know.
Surpise, suprise. There was peace in the valley and we never had another incident, thank goodness.
It might seem a bit harsh to some, but I like to fix things right the first time.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx2stroke View Post
Got a call Monday from my storage lot manager that my moho had been broken into.found that they pried the bottom of the door out and broke the the door in half to climb in below the latch. All they stole was a cheap shop vac and an old pair of binoculars.still waiting to hear from State Farm.Can't believe they left so much expensive stuff and stole stupid stuff.Dumb kids I guess.
Sounds like storage has its risks too. This whole thread makes me nervous as the wife next door absolutely hates our series of RV's that we've stored (well within our CC&Rs) at our house. Thankfully the husband doesn't have a problem with it, but there are stupid kids everywhere who get a sick pleasure out of vandalizing.

Someone made a comment on "rich vs. poor" . . . I would say that wasn't true but for a wierd incident in November. We were driving to a local RV park in Jackson, CA, when a car passed us (mind you it was a late model Mercedes) and the passenger proceeded to flip us off. Not satisfied with that, she opened the moon roof, stood on the passenger seat facing us (where are the police when you need them?!) and proceeded to flip us off with both hands. Huh? As we approached Jackson itself, we noticed a few "Occupy" protesters. Occupying Jackson, CA?! Crazy stuff.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1dgh View Post
Sounds like storage has its risks too. This whole thread makes me nervous as the wife next door absolutely hates our series of RV's that we've stored (well within our CC&Rs) at our house. Thankfully the husband doesn't have a problem with it, but there are stupid kids everywhere who get a sick pleasure out of vandalizing.

Someone made a comment on "rich vs. poor" . . . I would say that wasn't true but for a wierd incident in November. We were driving to a local RV park in Jackson, CA, when a car passed us (mind you it was a late model Mercedes) and the passenger proceeded to flip us off. Not satisfied with that, she opened the moon roof, stood on the passenger seat facing us (where are the police when you need them?!) and proceeded to flip us off with both hands. Huh? As we approached Jackson itself, we noticed a few "Occupy" protesters. Occupying Jackson, CA?! Crazy stuff.
I'd say its true because its being pounded into peoples heads ever day by you know who!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
We were having a problem with vandals at one time. I was lucky enough to get a look at the car but not the tags. The next day I drove down to the High School and have a look at the cars around there. Well, Low and behold there was the car and when I went up to look in the window, it had a For Sale sign in it with the phone number. I called the number (caller ID shut off) and inquired about the car. She told me it was her son Bill that was selling it and he would be home from school about 4pm.
I gave Bill a call and explained to him that although he didn't kow who I was, I knew who he was and that if there was any more problems on our street, no matter who did it, I was comming for him and would kill him. Needless to say Bill was a bit shaken and exclaimed in no uncertain terms that it wasn't him. I told him it really didn't matter, if anything went wrong on our steet he was a dead man so he better let everyone know.
Surpise, suprise. There was peace in the valley and we never had another incident, thank goodness.
It might seem a bit harsh to some, but I like to fix things right the first time.
"Just curious... but isn't threatening to kill a child, committing a felony in retaliation for a misdemeanor?"
The answer to is absolutly yes and perhaps in retrospect, even though my goal was achieved was probably a bit too strong.
But it brings to mind the story about a man that was selling his prized mule. A buyer came by and asked if the mule was well trained. The man responded that the mule did exactly as asked. The man asked for a demonstration. The owner obliged and went over and picked up a 2 by 4 and promptly smacked the mule right across the forehead. The astonished prospective buyer said , I thought you said the mule was well trained, to which the mule owner said, of course he is well trained, you just have to get his attention first.
As you see, I first had to get the lads attention. Once I had his attention he could see the error of his ways and felt it was in his best interest not to lead a life of crime.
I'm sure some day he would like to thank me, but I only work in the shadows and am not interested in being thanked. Saving someone from a life of crime, no matter what methods are employed to reach that goal, is all that interests me.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmashave
My wife came home yesterday from work about 4:45 pm, and called me, I was in the house, to tell me that the motorhome had been vandalized. The passenger side windshield had been bashed a couple times with what looks like to have been a baseball bat, and the co-pilot side window has been shattered too. Nobody was inside, and nothing else was done to the coach. Made a claim with Progressive. Let's see how this goes.

Over the years, eggs have been thrown at it, the windshield has been shot with paintballs, I found an egg had been tossed on the roof and just left up there, and of course I didn't see that one right away. Guess I'm going to have to keep it in storage going forward, as I've finally had enough.

What's the matter with people???

sigh
There are those who can never achieve anything in their lives and decide to take out their life frustrations on those that show evidence that they have.

They're everywhere.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for your issues, but here is some insight into Progressive glass insurance.

My windshield broke a couple of months ago on a Saturday. I called Progressive Insurance on Monday morning. They told me that Duncan handled all their glass work and that they would be in touch. Duncan called Monday afternoon and took the coach information. Asked if I had a place *I* wanted to have the repair done. I said no that they could choose a place. Glass came in on Thursday. Glass company called Thursday afternoon and asked if I could be at their shop at 8AM the next morning (Friday). Glass installed in the AM, sat in their parking lot a few hours for the glue to set, back to the house Friday afternoon.

This was all done in the SAME week. A GREAT EXPIRIENCE. Hope you are as lucky. I was a little disturbed when they told me I would be going through someone else, but it was great.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
"[B][U]Just curious... but isn't threatening to
I'm sure some day he would like to thank me, but I only work in the shadows and am not interested in being thanked. Saving someone from a life of crime, no matter what methods are employed to reach that goal, is all that interests me.
I like your style,kind of reminds me of the way things use to be (and still should)
you really are just doing the Lords work
thank you
brianj
Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I gave Bill a call and explained to him that although he didn't kow who I was, I knew who he was and that if there was any more problems on our street, no matter who did it, I was comming for him and would kill him....
Dude, You just confessed to a crime on the internet....Are you sane?
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Special View Post
sat in their parking lot a few hours for the glue to set, back to the house Friday afternoon.
You may be lucky as the polyurethane they use usually requires 24 hours to set.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Given the history of vandalism to your MH would lead me to believe that someone in the neighbourhood living pretty close by has it out for you. Might be as simple as envy. The thing thats disturbing is that its escalated from a few eggs to your windows being pounded out, which takes a bit of force to do. I'd get right on the recording thing. Although putting the MH in storage might help, I would say its a safe bet that the numpty will move to other objects owned by you. Get a game camera or two and find out who has been targeting you.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's so sad to see what the world is coming to. Never locked my doors, trusted everyone. Now, I have a game camera, several guns handy [just in case]. I sure liked the old days. Crime is everywhere now, so sad. Respect isn't there from the kids. Envy from the ones that really don't want to work like we did and do. I've worked hard for everything I own and rich or poor so have you. Some will never have what we have but usually it is because of the choices they themselves have made. Good luck on your vandalism and consider that game camera, they hide well. A little time in the military after high school would help alot of kids that have no direction in life.

US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote