Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Headed to San Diego from Virginia Beach in the March. Plan to go to Arizona Rally and eventually Sturgis for the 75th Rally, Will be packing our bikes in our Outlaw! Want to include Wyoming in our itinerary and visiting Yellowstone (never been there) during our Sturgis trip. This retired stuff is fun!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2015, 07:08 AM   #44

If you can't put your knee down in the corner, I'm not sure it's a motorcycle...just joking. Kawasaki ZRX 1200 owner...with track time.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
If you can't put your knee down in the corner, I'm not sure it's a motorcycle...just joking. Kawasaki ZRX 1200 owner...with track time.

I have long knees .... that said my floorboards usually protect it!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Old 01-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #46

We just added a Hydra Lift to our Insignia so we can bring our 2012 Road Glide along with our Jeep toad. Thinking about Sturgis 75th this year.
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #47

We have a lift on the back of the RV to carry our Harley, and if we want to have a vehicle with us we also have a lift to carry the bike in the back of our towable pickup truck. Never leave home without it
Jimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Bikes in our stacker. Next summer we are planning a 5 week tour through Colorado including 4 corners, Zion National Park and anywhere that catches our attention.

Attachment 82201
Bryce, zion, mesa verde, page az, are good, four corners is a joke and not even the real location.

The steam train in durango to silverton was interesting. DO NOT DRIVE million dollar hy.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:49 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
If you are considering heading to Sturgis, I would make my reservations soonest. So far all the campgrounds we have contacted are full. It is the 75th anniversary and the attendance is supposed to be the largest to date.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #50

Why not drive the million dollar hi way? I have done it in the motorhome and the harley ultra. Fun ride.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupdyke View Post
Bryce, zion, mesa verde, page az, are good, four corners is a joke and not even the real location.

The steam train in durango to silverton was interesting. DO NOT DRIVE million dollar hy.
Thanks - will likely do the four corners just to say we were there. Been to most of the others but not on a bike. Friends who are with us will enjoy it as well.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
If you are considering heading to Sturgis, I would make my reservations soonest. So far all the campgrounds we have contacted are full. It is the 75th anniversary and the attendance is supposed to be the largest to date.
This is so true... I had a "miscommunication" with a campground and found out they DIDN'T have my spot as previously thought (person I was working with was no longer employed)...

Anyway... if you're still looking... give Zach at Bulldog Creek Campground a call.. I was able to secure a spot with 30amp and water... I don't think you'll find a full hook up site within a 100 miles.. maybe further..

Welcome To Bulldog Creek Campground

Not to hi-jack the thread... but if you're going to Sturgis... Where are you staying?
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:14 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
This is so true... I had a "miscommunication" with a campground and found out they DIDN'T have my spot as previously thought (person I was working with was no longer employed)...

Anyway... if you're still looking... give Zach at Bulldog Creek Campground a call.. I was able to secure a spot with 30amp and water... I don't think you'll find a full hook up site within a 100 miles.. maybe further..

Welcome To Bulldog Creek Campground

Not to hi-jack the thread... but if you're going to Sturgis... Where are you staying?
Thanks for that
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hope with everyone going to Sturgis this year, Maybe I'll have Daytona all to my self
Dave Leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Thanks Eric... wish I saw this this morning. Put credit card down on Custer's Gulch in Custer.That said, looks like a great campground and will check it out!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
Thanks Eric... wish I saw this this morning. Put credit card down on Custer's Gulch in Custer.That said, looks like a great campground and will check it out!
You will like Custer's Gulch... its a very nice place... when we visited Custer, and the surrounding area a couple years ago, I rented a car from them. It's about a mile from a Custer State Park entrance, and just down the road from the city of Custer.

I actually was going to reserve a spot there when my group started planning back in 2013.. the only problem with Custer's was location... its about 70 miles from Sturgis, and while we are not party animals, we still wanted to experience the night life "Sturgis" had to offer.. and it was brought to my attention that I wouldn't want to be doing much "night" riding due to the wildlife in the area..

So, if you're heading home at night PLEASE be careful as you may encounter a Bison in the middle of the road..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote