Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2015, 03:27 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
We will look for you!! We have two sites reserved and plan to arrive the week before and stay through the rally.
Hey Russ..

I just mapquest'd your route... If you decide to take the "northern" route where you go thru Chicago... keep in mind, Milwaukee is just a little over an hour up the road from the I-90 & I-294 junction...

If you have the time... why don't you think of taking a small detour and come up to Milwaukee and check out the HD Museum (Harley-Davidson MuseumŽ | Harley-Davidson USA).. if you can time it correctly, they have a "bike night" every Thursday night during the summer..

It's a good time !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtj60 View Post
We will look for you!! We have two sites reserved and plan to arrive the week before and stay through the rally.
Sounds great ; dont know how many red and cream roadmasters will be there but one on a 40ft phaeton shouldnt be two common.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:18 PM   #73

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
I don't know if he does that... but I REALLY like how his bike matches his RV...
Did not plan it that way, it just happened, cool, DW will not drive the coach so we tow both bikes.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #74

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2 View Post
Did not plan it that way, it just happened, cool, DW will not drive the coach so we tow both bikes.
Too bad about not driving the coach but more than offset by the fact she drives her own bike.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Good info.> know Milwaukee fairly well - graduated from Marquette many moons ago and know where the museum is - haven't been there in many years. Good gouge on the bike night and will try to time accordingly. Would be nice to catch up with some old friends over a few brews. Normally I try to stay south of Chicago due to traffic, but could make an exception this year. There are several pre-rally events I would like to make including a stop at Klock Werks for the pre rally event on Thursday before it all starts.

We should try to meet up in Sturgis for a beer ... would love to put some faces to names on the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Hey Russ..

I just mapquest'd your route... If you decide to take the "northern" route where you go thru Chicago... keep in mind, Milwaukee is just a little over an hour up the road from the I-90 & I-294 junction...

If you have the time... why don't you think of taking a small detour and come up to Milwaukee and check out the HD Museum (Harley-Davidson MuseumŽ | Harley-Davidson USA).. if you can time it correctly, they have a "bike night" every Thursday night during the summer..

It's a good time !!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
You can't miss our Thor Outlaw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
Sounds great ; dont know how many red and cream roadmasters will be there but one on a 40ft phaeton shouldnt be two common.
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Old 01-11-2015, 06:32 AM   #77

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Too bad about not driving the coach but more than offset by the fact she drives her own bike.
10 - 4 on that, she is the original STGIRL (she rides a StreetGlide).
Old 01-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Funny, my wife rides her own and it's great - especially since I don't particularly like "two up" and enjoy hitting the twisties solo. She is a fast rider and cuts the curves better than I ever will; yet, she is not keen on driving the MH either. I think if she had started driving the MH when we purchased it, might be a different story, or she could just be craftier than I!

That said, she doesn't hesitate to hop on the back of the Road Glide when hitting the "Full Throttle Saloon" or downtown Sturgis nightlife. Being the designated driver isn't too bad since the scenery remains in full focus !
Old 02-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #79

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422826042.756239.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	84885Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422826294.759655.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	84891

Headed to Sturgis this summer have a reservation at Katmandu Campground, this will be my first trip and I am really looking forward to it. Bike will either be in a trailer or on a lift, not sure yet which will be happening.
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:14 AM   #80

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL1950 View Post
Attachment 84885Attachment 84891

Headed to Sturgis this summer have a reservation at Katmandu Campground, this will be my first trip and I am really looking forward to it. Bike will either be in a trailer or on a lift, not sure yet which will be happening.
You will have a great time! We went in 2013 for 2 1/2 weeks, we were there a week and a half before the rail, each day we logged from 250 to 350 miles, stayed at Mount Rush No More, very nice camp, each day we would leave in a different diection and retuned by another, I wanted to go this year but waited too long to plan it, we will settle for Laconia and Califorina this year.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 AM   #81

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark2 View Post
You will have a great time! We went in 2013 for 2 1/2 weeks, we were there a week and a half before the rail, each day we logged from 250 to 350 miles, stayed at Mount Rush No More, very nice camp, each day we would leave in a different diection and retuned by another, I wanted to go this year but waited too long to plan it, we will settle for Laconia and Califorina this year.
Mark,

There are still a few CGs with room if you really want to go. Might have to ride a bit to Sturgis proper; but for us, it is about the ride. We are still trying to decided if we are going to Laconia. We have never been there for the rally and may tack it on to the end of our trip to California at the end of the month.

Russ
Old 02-02-2015, 06:57 AM   #82

I used to own adirondack Ural in ny. Now I just like to ride them
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:53 AM   #83

Jayco Owners Club
I too have a Ural and love it. I use a
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #84

Jayco Owners Club
I use a Isuzu box truck as a toy hauler for my Ural. Just purchased a Winnebago Sightseer 30b to take my BMW to rallies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1422888921765.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	84948   Click image for larger version

Name:	1422888967686.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	84949