Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #15

Humm - I guess everyone wants the largest spot. I know I do and so does everyone else. At my RV park you put your name on a list for the best sites. Until then you get to pick the best available site.

Not sure I even think like you. 'Outta my way' here I come. Hope I do not get your way. If I do - I'm sorry.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quite a few of the large sites are pull thru sites and I sometimes want one of those because I don't want to disconnect my toad for the night. I will if there is no large site available but not trying to sound mean, my money is as good as the next guy. If I get the choice of a larger site when I decide to pull into a campground (I am at about 63' with toad) there is no desire in my mind to disconnect just in case someone with a very large rig and trailer might show up later. My luck, I would do that and a 20 footer would take the space Planning or early CG arrival could get rid of your issue right away.

Happy travelling

sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #17

I just reserved a site at a state campground. Entered my camper size and everything and was assigned a pull through site - didn't ask for it but was assigned none the less. Just because i choose not to bring my house with me camping doesn't mean i can't enjoy the same site as you. Hope you are not camping in Michigan in October!
Old 09-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #18

Wow, I started this as a friendly chat . Sure are a lot of grumpy old men out there .
Old 09-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleylip View Post
I don't flaunt what I have , but how about we leave the oversize sites for the big boys . Just saying .
Sounds to me that you got just the response you asked for.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Just as part of a friendly chat, if we don't necessarily agree with your point of view, doesn't mean we are grumpy old men There seemed to be a bit of entitlement in your original post? Are we not all entitled to the same space for money along with our point of view? I certainly wish you all the luck for you to get the space you need with your rig, and there are many ways to do that without expecting others to give it up for you.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Just a little annoying . And, no one cares ....
I can understand the frustration, but you are right. We may care in theory but it is not a very practical consideration. We are only 35' + a towd, and typically we take whatever site is given to us when we register. If we get a site that, perhaps, might better serve a larger set up, it never crosses my mind to go back and suggest we be given a smaller site. If we got a crappy site because we fit and the larger, nicer sites were saved in case a big rig showed up, I would not hesitate to complain. If the sites are pick your own we will typically take the best available. If there were two absolutely identical, but one would be better for a longer rig, I would probably choose the smaller. But if the larger site is better, more level, etc. I will choose the bigger.

I really do empathize. There are a few places we go regularly where even we have a fit problem. To ensure bigger sites are available we arrive early, we make sure desk personnel remember us as regulars who try to be pleasant customers, and when we get a special service we tip. After visiting a couple of years in a row, a larger site is available when they know we are coming. But even at our small size, we have been shut out of some places we wanted to be because a pop up or car camper beat us to the larger sites.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Your 28' trailer alone is the same size or bigger than some campers' travel trailers or pop ups... Perhaps if you had to
pay a "double" site fee, it would be appropriate to save you the spot you want... Or convince you to leave your toys at home... Not grumpy! Just saying...
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #23

I would be more than happy to pay the extra. Money is no issue. When I don't fit on a long site I usually pay for two sites anyway. It just would be nice to be on one .
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always call ahead and so far haven't had an issue getting a site that is large enough to hold us and trailer

corp eng parks I reserve a particular site based on its description.

I have had parks tell me they cant handle our rig with the trailer and we are most welcome to park it on an empty site if needed

thousand trails its any bodies guess, we see tents in 65 foot sites all the time...'
powerboatr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Not to beat a dead horse, but, if you book ahead, maybe arrive earlier, and maybe even tell them that you will " pay double", there should be no reason why you couldn't get what you desire.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Why should people who pull trailers pay double? What about a toad, double also? It's been said to leave the trailer at home; easy or those who don't tow to say. I'm over 70ft and I always plan ahead, if you tell them your length most places will make sure a site is available.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes Dad View Post
Why should people who pull trailers pay double? What about a toad, double also? It's been said to leave the trailer at home; easy or those who don't tow to say. I'm over 70ft and I always plan ahead, if you tell them your length most places will make sure a site is available.
No one should have to pay double. Harleylip was making a point that he would or could to get the large site. I personally would not pay double.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoffat View Post
Toyduck we are moving to Vegas and am looking for a spot to store our 40 ft Monaco we are near Rainbow and the 215. Do you know of any with covered parking

thanks

Jim
Most of the nicer ones (that I'v seen are on the east side of town near for easy access to Lake Mead. I had a decent one on E Russel Rd, but it closed down. Recently there have been theft of electronics from RV's in storage areas, so be sure to double check their security and access. I don't live in a fenced or controlled community so I bit the bullet and fixed a spot up on my property by my house. Some communities also have RV storage areas which might be better (with a tarp/cover) than some storage area.

I will look around, I haven't noticed anything on the west side of the valley.

Here are a couple of possible links:

Storage unit prices at Sunrise Boat And RV Storage in Las Vegas, NV 89156 | SpareFoot

Rv & Boat Storage Las Vegas.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote