Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
CoachNet failure

Just spent an agonizing hour on the phone with CoachNet. I purchased their RV Protect Premier warranty package when we purchased our 2004 Itasca Suncruiser in 2014. I purchased it to cover the RV from bumper to bumper for 3 years.
We are currently in an RV resort in Arizona and had to move within the park on Saturday, when I was setting up at the new site I discovered my HWH leveling jacks had retracted to stow position after I had put them down. I am also experiencing a LP gas leak so I called CoachNet today. They sent someone from 40 miles away even though there are perfectly capable repair companies right here, 10 minutes away.
When the technician arrived, he examined the leveling system, checked the hyd fluid and did not detect anything seriously amiss. He unplugged the power and replugged it and the unit started working. I was able to level the RV just fine. He then looked at the LP tank and thought the regulator was leaking and informed me he did not have the equipment to repair/replace it. After he spent about 20 min speaking to WarranTech, he informed me that they weren't covering his labor, 1 hour at $90. He told me that WarranTech told him they would pay his labor costs if he had to replace all my jacks. Which,of course, is ridiculous since the jacks work fine.
I then called CoachNet and spoke to a customer service rep, who informed me that was WarranTech's business. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was connected after a suitable wait. He heard my complaints , went off to "check" some things, then asked to call me back. He listened to the calls from earlier and informed me that was WarranTech's business. I let him know I was extremely disappointed in CoachNet's stand and that I had purchased the warranty from CoachNet, not WarranTech. He just kept weaseling about it was up to WarrenTech and I had been informed I might be liable for some charges ( which I don't remember hearing).
There,, I blew off steam.
I want everyone to be aware of CoachNet's business model in case you are in the market for a warranty.

Greatscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Must be another "Coachnet" that you bought??
The one that is most talked about on here, is just for roadside assistance..........as far as I know.........
Coach-Net - About Us
Do they offer a warranty, but it is actually through Warran tech?

2000 Newmar MADP 4060, 350ISC, Spartan MM, IFS 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It was discussed here.

Coach Net Extended Warranty-RV Protect

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #4

That is not right. I would be just as angry and disappointed as the OP. I thought Coach Net was a solid company and I am a member. This is concerning. Please keep us posted
2014 Raptor 300MP, 2014 Cowboy Cadillac - Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel DRW 4.10 Rear End, Firestone Airbags, Curt Q20.
raineman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #5
iRV2 No Limits Club
As was posted earlier, CoachNet now has two different services, The original one for emergency break downs and the other is a service policy that might or might not pay for repairs.

You need to follow the correct procedure for filing a claim, just like any other service policy. The only "bumper to bumper" policy is the original manufacturers warranty for the period stipulated when a new vehicle is purchased.

There is a lot of misunderstanding as to what a service policy covers and how to get repairs. You must follow the service guidelines and even then they don't pay for everything that might go wrong. From what the OP is complaining about there is a misunderstanding as to the coverage he thinks he paid for and actuality.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #6
We've had Coach-Net ERS since 2006 when we bought our first motorhome, a 2006 WGO View. We've never needed it for our motorhomes but have used it several times ranging from a total electrical meltdown of my wife's 2003 VW TDI Beetle to the time some dummy ran out of gas. Most recently, we spun out on black ice and jammed the front bumper into the tire, disabling the truck. It wasn't an ERS situation but CN dispatched a tow truck when we couldn't reach our insurance company. CN told us that we would have to pay the tow charges out of pocket and we were fine with that. CN even called back in an hour to make sure the tow truck had arrived.

I don't know about NMC but CN has been an outstanding value for us and we would not change anything based on one report from a disgruntled customer. YMMV.
2010 WGO Vista 30W, 1993 Geo Tracker
Just a user with no RV or mechanical expertise
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Even if Coach-Net "subcontracts" this out to Warrentech, it still puts a significant blemish on the goodwill they spent years to build.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #8
I think most extended warranties only pay labor if a part is replaced. Adjustments are not covered.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #9

I have subscribed to Coach Net for six years for roadside assistance. I have used their services several times and have found them to be fantastic. Twice they have sent an RV repairman to take care of issues. They even follow up with me at a later date to make sure I was happy with the services I received and asked whether I was satisfied with the repairman himself.

I couldn't be happier.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #10
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
CoachNet failure

Greatscot, I find your initial post unclear. Are you talking about CoachNet Roadside Assistance coverage, or are you talking about a service contract purchased through CoachNet-- what some folks mistakenly call an "extended warranty"?

The coverage you've bought determines exactly what is or is not covered, and exactly who pays for what services, and how you file a claim. It's very important that you know these things and follow the stipulated procedures.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #11
Entegra Owners Club
Most "Extended Warranties" have exclusions you could drive a Prevost through. The OP is not the first person who bought one of these policies and later found out that the coverage is seriously restricted. There are a lot of ways that you can be denied coverage. You need to carefully read the policy before you buy, and then follow the procedures precisely. In most cases they are not worth the significant cost IMHO.
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #12
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
From the original post:
"I purchased their RV Protect Premier warranty package when we purchased our 2004 Itasca Suncruiser in 2014. I purchased it to cover the RV from bumper to bumper for 3 years."

It is obvious (at least to me) that he purchased and "extended warranty" and not road side service.

To the OP, I am on my second "extended warranty" and each time I have used them, the repair facility made it very clear that diagnostic time is not covered. I think that is what happened to you as no repairs were actually made to your RV.
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:43 PM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I suspect that all these "extended warranty" plans are about the same, full of loopholes they can use to get out of paying for your repairs!

I know there are some folks that say buying the extended warranty has paid off for them, but I bet for every positive review there are at least 10 negative reviews!

I'll just keep my money in the bank until I need it for a repair, and hope it's not an engine or transmission!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #14
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had great success with both of mine. You have to understand how they work, like prior approval is a must, and have a shop or repairman who is willing to work with the warranty company.

Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote