Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #15

i recall i signed up with GS for the reasons of friendliness in website and being cheaper than CN no real world experience to either. after reading many forum discussions, i would still go with GS at today's date. don't ask me why it's just a gut thing

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
In the 8 years I've enjoyed RVing, this topic has come up many times, perhaps more than any other . . . the overwhelming majority, at least from my unscientific observation, prefer CoachNet. Hands down. That's why I have it (and hope I continue to not need it).

Old 12-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
i recall i signed up with GS for the reasons of friendliness in website and being cheaper than CN no real world experience to either. after reading many forum discussions, i would still go with GS at today's date. don't ask me why it's just a gut thing
I am a lifetime GS member so I was leaning that way anyway. I don't have any issues in the past with GS and anytime I have had an issue that I could not resolve I just sent an email to Marcus and it got resolved that day or the next. Nothing serious.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #18

Have GSam, like their service the 4 times I used them, twice with motorcycle (1977 Kawasaki 1000 with 6500 original miles) once with my sons car on his way to our campground to spend the weekend and once with the motor home to change a tire. When I looked into which road service to go with I was going to go with Coach Net because of all of the positives I read about them. I think I ultimately went with GSam because they were cheaper, especially with their introductory offer. Good service so I've stayed with them.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ha, you did not expect to get anything that you can hang you hat on did you? This is one of the most controversial topics and it comes up about every week. You will hear all sorts or reports which I do not dispute but I'll bet there is not a dimes worth of difference in the two. I have had one of them for over 10 years and have no complaints and I have had claims. GOOD LUCK......I have a good flippin coin.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #20

I did a survey

Last year I did a survey at several places on the internet (several email lists & at least one forum) about which roadside assistance was "best" before I bought a service.

There were a lot of opinions and horror stories about one company or another. People do have their favorites.

No one had anything bad to say about Coach-net, nothing but good. I went with Coach-net.
becida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by becida View Post
Last year I did a survey at several places on the internet (several email lists & at least one forum) about which roadside assistance was "best" before I bought a service.

There were a lot of opinions and horror stories about one company or another. People do have their favorites.

No one had anything bad to say about Coach-net, nothing but good. I went with Coach-net.
Then you didn't read all the previous ERS threads here.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #22

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick60 View Post
Ha, you did not expect to get anything that you can hang you hat on did you? This is one of the most controversial topics and it comes up about every week. You will hear all sorts or reports which I do not dispute but I'll bet there is not a dimes worth of difference in the two. I have had one of them for over 10 years and have no complaints and I have had claims. GOOD LUCK......I have a good flippin coin.
Ha ha! I was hoping! Lol! In my mind it was a toss between CN and GS. I was just hoping that I would see something to sway me one or another. I think they are both pretty good and from what I have read elsewhere, Allstate is to.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have been with AAA for years with my personal car when we bought our new Thor Palazzo 36.1 I just updated to rv. Has anyone had bad or good things with them.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #24

Coach net for me, have had them both with one good experience and one bad one.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #25

On AAA I had bad experience with RV coverage. I gOt my RV stuck In mud, called AAA told them size, weight etc. and they sent inexperienced man with small tow. He got my RV stick worse. AAA refused to do anything further and it cost me $350 to get it out. No longer use AAA.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
I have Coachnet, used them once and service was great! Have no personal experience with GS.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've had CoachNet since 2006 when we bought our first motorhome. We have been very pleased with their service. We had to call them once for a tire failure on the RV and twice for a tow truck for our everyday vehicles. In all three cases I was very satisfied with CoachNet's service and the companies they used to respond.

------ Jim
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
We have Coach Net, super service in the middle of Nowhere. Also, never have had a piece of junk mail from Coach Net...just say'n.
I have to agree. We have (and used!) CoachNet this summer and was 100% satisfied.