Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
CoachNet - Read the policy

I had my first experience with CoachNet this week end. Fortunately NOT in the RV but in the car. I remembered that CoachNet covers "your RV and all other personal vehicles, owned, rented, or borrowed."

I had hit a pothole and blew the sidewall out of the left front tire on our Honda Civic. I was able to pretty quickly put the mini-spare on and get back to our motel. Next morning, the mini-spare had also lost air. I needed to pump it up so i could get to the tire shop a few miles away. So I thought it a good time to try Coach-Net.

The phone was answered pretty quickly, and we went through the normal routine. When she was assured we were in a safe place she asked the problem. I told her I need to have a tire pumped up. Thats when I find out that "delivery of air to a personal vehicle that is not your RV" is not in the policy. She could send someone to change the tire if I had a good spare, or she could have us towed to a garage.

I thanked her and hung up, and went to find an air pump to put enough air in the spare to make it to the shop.

I'll still keep Coach-Net for the RV due to all the good reports it gets on this and other forums, but I'll go back and read all the policy coverages so next time i'll know! (My bad obviously for not knowing before hand.)

Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
The good Sam Emergency roadside assistance does cover the car, I am happy to report. Used it and service was superb.

JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As I read it, the car is covered. They offered to change the tire or tow it...they just wouldn't send a tech out to air up the tire.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would have asked them to tow it to the nearest tire dealer
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLeggett View Post
The good Sam Emergency roadside assistance does cover the car, I am happy to report. Used it and service was superb.
Correct.. car is covered for tire change or tow; they "do not deliver air."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
As I read it, the car is covered. They offered to change the tire or tow it...they just wouldn't send a tech out to air up the tire.
That thought did cross my mind.. then just ask the tow truck guy if he had an air tank.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Plus one on having it towed to a tire shop, you had to go to one anyway...
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
Correct.. car is covered for tire change or tow; they "do not deliver air."

That thought did cross my mind.. then just ask the tow truck guy if he had an air tank.
Several years ago I had a flat on my motorcycle and called CoachNet - when the driver showed up the first thing he did was put air in the tire so it would be easier to load it onto the flatbed. Then he took it, and me, to the shop so I could get a new tube installed...
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #8

Years back I was towing my Saturn wagon, and stopped to dump my tanks at a public dump station. Low and behold I found my left front tire was disintegrated. Amazingly no damage to the car, but the tire and wheel were done.

Called Coach Net and they dispatched a service truck, who mounted my mini-spare, and I was on my way. I was happy with this service.
Pusherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Exactly, they don't cover fixing the flat other than putting on an aired up spare or towing if broken down.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
I had my first experience with CoachNet this week end. Fortunately NOT in the RV but in the car. I remembered that CoachNet covers "your RV and all other personal vehicles, owned, rented, or borrowed."

I had hit a pothole and blew the sidewall out of the left front tire on our Honda Civic. I was able to pretty quickly put the mini-spare on and get back to our motel. Next morning, the mini-spare had also lost air. I needed to pump it up so i could get to the tire shop a few miles away. So I thought it a good time to try Coach-Net.

The phone was answered pretty quickly, and we went through the normal routine. When she was assured we were in a safe place she asked the problem. I told her I need to have a tire pumped up. Thats when I find out that "delivery of air to a personal vehicle that is not your RV" is not in the policy. She could send someone to change the tire if I had a good spare, or she could have us towed to a garage.

I thanked her and hung up, and went to find an air pump to put enough air in the spare to make it to the shop.

I'll still keep Coach-Net for the RV due to all the good reports it gets on this and other forums, but I'll go back and read all the policy coverages so next time i'll know! (My bad obviously for not knowing before hand.)

Maybe you should have called them first to change the tire and they could have checked out your spare. Since the tire shop was only a few miles away how far did you go for air? I always keep air compressor in all my cars for that reason. We all need to plan ahead as best as we can.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #11

Airing up a flat tire can, and probably does, require a repeat call. They go flat for a reason and human nature being what it is, some people decide to see if it will hold air, or go flat again. That not only involves added expense, but time!

No, I'm not affiliated.

Ed
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Seems odd they make that distinction. I had a flat due to a bad valve stem and they paid for the roadside service call and they guy brought the new valve and installed it, aired the tire and we drove off. Coach-net covered it completely.

Maybe the difference was that they repaired my tire, whereas you were just asking for a temporary fix to limp in. Perhaps if you had just said "fix my flat tire" it would have been ok. At worst, you would have got towed.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #13

coach net

Coach net is a far better service provider than Good Sam, i switched this year and wish i never did..i blew a turbo cooling hose in Mi. and was left stranded by Good Sam road service...they had no service providers in the area, even though i was on I69....i ended up getting off the highway on my own and repairing the coach myself... they were rude and of no help and when i complained they sent me an e mail saying that they would look into it and have never got a reply since...i will be changing back to coach net