RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #1

Coachnet vs FMCA ($69) vs Escapees ($99)

Any difference?

ianschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
Newmar Luxury Owner

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Subscribed, I currently have GS, and I'm looking for alternatives when it expires. FMCA looks very affordable but is it a case of getting what you pay for.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #3

I dont know anything about either one. I did join the escapees discussion forum. They are more activity on HDTs.
93 Jayco RK 325, 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base, 07 Chevy classic crew cab long box LBZ Duramax. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:04 PM   #4

Let me clarify Coachnet vs FMCA vs Escapee's roadside assistance

Coachnet ($249) vs FMCA's Roadside Rescue ($69) vs Escapee's Roadside Assistance ($99). Coachnet is a lot more expensive, but I'm not sure if there is more value/reliability than the others.
ianschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:05 PM   #5

Coach net

We have coach net and have used it once for a blown drive tire. Was really easy response was fast and effortless - have not used any other, but the cost of the roadside assistance was more the cost of Coach net for many years, all covered. In our case we were very satisfied and Coach net was very good at staying in contact and followed up to see service was provided.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianschneider View Post
Any difference?
I have Coach-net and used them several times and have no issues with them. It is $249 the first year but when you renew it is only $149. The real differences is the benefits with coach-net it covers everything you drive and everyone in your family (with some age restrictions). The biggie is Assist America which is an Emergency Medical Assistance program that includes evacuation and then return of coach to home. It seems to be a notch up from FMCA Assist which is included in their membership. If you have a Winnebago product for $30 more you can upgrade to the Winnebago Premier which will also give you the availability to Skype with a doctor for a medical issue that comes up on the road. You really have to read the entire list of benefits and take into consideration how many of them you may use. The other major difference is Coach-net is the provider of the service and FMCA and ESCAPEES are the re-sellers of products they get at a group rate. Occasionally to save costs they will change to another service provider with the same benefits under their name.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Back on track

I think this line of discussion was focusing on the club benefits, understandably one key benefit took over the train of thought: roadside assistance.

I'd like to hear more about the clubs other benefits people have especially enjoyed. I am a lifetime member of Good Sam, looking to supplement their anemic benefits with another club.

I live in KY, so want something with regional benefit if possible. For instance FMCA has a campground in Cincinnati area members can use for free for a few nights a year.

Looking forward to anyone else's experience, thoughts, or opinions.

Dave, Minnie Winnie owner [previous Class A Damon Challenger]
roguefriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My coach net renewal is only $59. Haven't used it yet.