Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #15

Nor'easters Club
I purchased a cockpit table from focal wood products. Desk Units . Height adjustable, drop leaves, and a tray that sits on top with 2 cup holders. We use it as a cocktail / dinning table with the tray removed and drop leaves up.

ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
I'm looking at getting one of these.....

Home Page
That's a beautiful piece and looks like what I have been looking for as well. Have you gotten a price quote on it? Just wondering how pricey it is.
jt

harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:43 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
No patents etc? I can steal the idea?
Lloyd... You are welcome to steal the design, improve on it and pass it on to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwitt View Post
Seriously though, what is the long white strip on the bottom of the shelf? Looks like masking tape. Does it serve a purpose or is it just a leftover from the "manufacturing process"?Jack
Jack... JFXG is correct, it is a cork strip. That was part of the design improvement process. It wasn't there at first. Depending on the quality of the road surface the tray would vibrate against the top of the drawer front. I tried the cork to quiet the noise.

Unfortunately some of our not-so-smooth highways provided more vibration than the cork could handle. So the next improvement was adding the small block of wood that locks in the drawer front and has a piece of 1/8" shock cord that goes around the drawer handle... no more vibration and simple to attach and detach.

I originally got the cord to make a simple lock for keeping my refrigerator/freezer doors closed while driving. I think I still have about 2' left over so if anyone needs a small piece just PM me.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #18

I am thinking a combination of those 2 so far, maybe the drawer shelf with a cup holders incorporated?

I have some really nice cedar that I had cut into planks at the saw mill.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a cup holder dash mounted for my coffee

but I built a small table that, when parked, holds my printer and when moving this laptop running Microsoft S&T (my Navigation program)

Simple slab of plywood with 2x4 legs Not much to it (Some framing and such . Works great.. Yes I take my eyes off the road to look at the map. also the speedometer, thermometor, fuel gauge and other dash indicators,, (it's part of the dash scan)

Works great.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
That's a beautiful piece and looks like what I have been looking for as well. Have you gotten a price quote on it? Just wondering how pricey it is.
jt

Nope. I have no idea on cost.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
Nope. I have no idea on cost.
I just called them. That seems as though it would be perfect for my gas coach. No answer and I didn't leave a message since we are heading out in the morning. If anyone does get a price please post it as I really like the looks of that setup as well.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Here is the prototype that Carlyle and I designed as I couldn't find anything suitable either.

It worked quite well and Carlyle has improved it I see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244A.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	102072

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I purchased a cockpit table from focal wood products. Desk Units . Height adjustable, drop leaves, and a tray that sits on top with 2 cup holders. We use it as a cocktail / dinning table with the tray removed and drop leaves up.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #23

Greetings all!

So with your idea's I went off and built us a small inflight service table. The cabin attendant loves it!

We built a new house recently, when I cleared the lot I cut down a pretty good size cedar. Took it to the sawmill and they cut me a mantle. The rest they cut into planks. Took some of those and made this table. The finish is tongue oil (mixed 50/50 with citrus solvent). Pretty happy with the completed project.

The front of the table is shaped to sit against the console. I padded it with a rubber weather strip so it don't chafe the dash. The shape keeps it from tipping, and against the dash prevents it going forward when we stop. Not very concerned about it going backwards from acceleration !!!

The drink holders hold very large cups, and are within reach of both of us. There is also a isle for the cabin attendant to walk thru. I can step over it when I get up, but it may be easier to move it.

Thanks for all the input!

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150823_142606_resized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	104422   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150823_142619_resized.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	104423