Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2015, 02:31 PM   #1

Collapsible flagpole ideas

A friend wants a collapsible 20 foot flagpole for for his mh. What have you guys done or seen as to the best way.
olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Take a look at www.polesandholders.com
Old 11-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #3

You mean something like a Flagpole Buddy?

Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by olustee bus View Post
A friend wants a collapsible 20 foot flagpole for for his mh. What have you guys done or seen as to the best way.
I bought mine. Flag Pole Buddy Kit. Picked it up from Amazon. 22' extended 2" diameter at the bottom. It is fiberglass and collapses to about 4' for storage. Some campgrounds have height and or material regulations. Most do not allow metal poles.
Mine will fly 2 flags and will withstand a lot of wind with no problem.
I believe the kit # was 106201.
Lynn
Old 11-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Flag Pole Buddy vendors are at most large RV Rallies and also at Quartzsite in the big tent.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Flagpole Buddy is a great holder / mount. Very easy to setup/ tear down. I have two - the large diameter holding a 22' pole for ham radio antenna, a smaller holding a 12' pole for American flag and WiFi booster/repeater.

Be aware of which side of a ladder you are going to mount for clearance and also if using more than one.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Heck, I just used a couple of pieces of PVC and fastened a 1" piece 12" long to the top of my ladder and another piece of of it with a cap on the bottom 12" below it. I then used a piece of 3/4" about ten feet long and I drilled a hole thru the 10' section about 10-15" from the top and put a bolt thru that and then drop the wooden staff of my American flag into that and slide the whole thing into the holders on the ladder. The other thing I did for my wind socks was to buy one of those 16' extendable brush handles from Home Depot, put a swivel in the top and that drops right into the holders also. That puts my windsocks about 24-25' in the air.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:31 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the Poles and Holders fiberglass, bought it around 5 years ago and would buy another if I needed one.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought a flag pole for my back yard At a Big Box store for $120.00 and while sitting looking at it one day I thought I could use it with the MH. It's aluminum comes in 4 foot sections and holds a 3x 5 flag. I use a table umbrella stand and I attach the pole to rear bumper and up the ladder with heavy white wire ties. Works for me.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We use The Flag Pole Buddy. Been a great pole. 22' Fiberglass. Easy up and down.
And it stores very well.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a Sunsetter Telescoping flag pole.. If you want better ones.> I can provide a link.. There are several other companies that make them.

You can get them in both Fiberglass and Metal. Mine is metal.. I occasionally use it to mount ham radio antennas, It's part of my Christmas Tree (Starting within the next few days) a genuine Multi-Function pole.. I could use another and may some day get one.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #12

Flagpole Buddy here too. Made in USA. Easy setup, and easy to use. Leightweght. 22 footer is less than 9 lbs.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Flagpole mount.

I purchased a 20-25' telescoping pole at Quartzsite and made my own mount.
I made the mount out of scrap material I had laying around. It consists of a piece of 1/4" x 3" flat stock 2' long. I used a piece of 2" pipe 18" long and fabbed a hinge so the Pipe can be folded down against the 3" flat stock. I used a piece of 5/8" hex steel and hinged one end to the 3" flat stock and added a fabbed eye to the 2" pipe. I milled a slot in the 5/8" hex stock and drilled a 3/8"hole thru the hex stock and a matching hole thru the eye on the pipe. The pipe is lifted 90 degrees to the flat stock and the hex prop is pinned to the pipe with a 3/8" pin at an angle of about 45-50 degrees. The whole thing in the setup position is placed either behind or in front of the wheel of your choice.
You move up or back a few inches and you have a flag pole holder that is not going anywhere. For traveling it all folds up and goes into storage.
I used the cut open piece I think from Flag Pole Buddy that you mount on the ladder. One Quartzsite heavy duty wind storm made short work of that mount. The pole would not stay in place after the storm. So far my present setup is working quite well.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote