Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post

Just FWIW...when Ford drops the E-Series as reported over the next few years, Chevy will be the only mfgt making a real full width van cab/chassis. A big deal IMHO, since the Sprinter/Transit/ProMaster are about 10" less in width even on the DRW versions. Many RV makers are already jumping on the Chevy cab/chassis because of Ford's announced drop of the E-Series. And if the Chevy chassis is ever dropped, the gap between Class C and Class A will become even wider.

Safe travels
I think perhaps Ford will be relying on the F550, saw one on this forum recently with the 6.7 diesel.

Here it is Thor calls it a Super C, not so sure about that, it's alot less truck and $$$ then a Senaca super C. Looks like a nice C to me http://thormotorcoach.com/news/Super...Class-C-RV.php

2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2014, 12:25 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My buddy just purchased a Tiffin Allegro on an F53 chassis. His last coach was a Monaco Monarch full wall slide on a WH W22. Right off the bat he had the Banks Kit installed on the new rig. The W22 was box stock. So his first trip in the Allegro was from Carlsbad CA. To Portland Oregon. When he returned from that trip I asked him how the rig handled and drove. Both he and his wife said they missed their WH chassis. I owned a W20 for 10 years. Put 50k on it with nothing more than the usual problems. Great rig. Plenty of quiet power. You can see what I replaced it with. The 8.1 GM coupled with the Allison tranny is a power house

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
Another nice feature of the W24 chassis is they also lowered the motor so there is almost no hump between the seats. Mine is maybe two inches high. I also like the Allison grade brake.
2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742 - Gas
ACME Eze Tow Dolly
2008 Chevy Malibu Toad
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
I've got 98000 miles on my 05WH Admiral 33' SE, with no problems since the brake recall in 07. Also it's on a 228" W22 chassis. It's our last home.
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #33
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I have 2004 Southwind with the WH chassis and it has 128,000 miles on it.
So far the 8.1 chevy and Allison trans have been a great combination and has been very reliable. If I was looking for a new motorhome and found one with a WH chassis, that would be my choice..

Don't let the recalls scare you off, all car, truck and motorhome manufacturers are faced with issuing recalls to correct one problem or another.
2004 Southwind 32V, Workhorse 8.1
HuskyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #34
I have a 2008 Damon Challenger on a W-22 Workhorse with about 38,000 miles. I have only had to replace an oxygen sensor on the exhaust. I like the transmission grade brake it helps on long down hill runs.

Mody n Domy
full timing it
Mody n Domy is offline   Reply With Quote

chassis, workhorse