Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #1

Compare to Entegra coach

I am starting to shop for a class a motor coach and am interested in the Entegra Anthem. Would you folks be so kind as to give me the names and models of some other coach's that might compare to the 42' Anthem. I have not ever owned a coach, we have a Cardinal 3515 FW now and are giving serious thought to moving to the motorhome. ANY comments would be greatly appreciated.
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here are a few: American Coach (Tradition/Eagle/Heritage), Newmar Essex, Monaco Dynasty.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #3

The coaches that compare to the Anthem in price, in my opinion, don't compare in quality, fit and finish. The Tiffen Allegro Bus base price is $30,000.00 cheaper. Newmar Mountain Aire is probably the closest to the fit and finish of the Anthem, but it's $60,000.00 more. And also the American Tradition. Not even close to the same fit and finish, and it's $60,000.00 more. Check out the websites to fully compare the amenities that come standard and also the options to get the full spectrum of how closely the coaches compare. We spent months comparing all the prospective manufacturers and also going to the tours. We felt that the best bang for our buck was the Entegra. All just my opinion!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
All have good points and bad points. Unless an owner has a real lemon, you'll hear raves on how wonderful his/her coach is. I have an American Coach...fine rig, loaded with extras that come as standard and great service from the factory. Check coaches with similar price tags to what you like, compare amenities and go from there...floor plan is the key...one the D/W likes normally is the best idea.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #5

keep in mind that the anthem comes with a 2 yr warranty. also, the Entegra people have been absolutly wonderful to work with. the customer service is at or better than Tiffin (which is great). IMO
Old 04-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #6

Last month we were at a Country Coach Rally that was held at Lasy Days in Tucson. On the floor of the convention tent were parked The Entegra Anthem, American Tradition, and American Heritage. All three were beautiful brand new coaches. All three were looked to be of very high quality. Just my wife's and my opinion but as far as looks (just looks) the level of fit and finish and component quality (cabinets, sinks, floors) got better when the price went up. The Entegra was the cheapest and the Heritage was double the price of the Entegra. So no shock that the cabinets looked better on the Heritage than the Entegra. We drove none of them though so we are not experts.

Entegra, American, and Newmar have been mentioned in this thread. Those are all great makers. If the Entegra is still on a custom chassis like they used to be I would give that some thought. Getting a coach with a chassis built just for it and not a firetruck is a good thing.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is good information concerning the Entegra Coach/s. We presently have a Damon Challenger and are thinking seriously of going back to full-timing. We are looking at the Entegra Aspire and the Damon Tuscany. The Tuscany is bigger (43 feet) compared to 40 feet for the Aspire. They are both on a dealer's lot close to home, and I can buy either of them for the same price. The workmanship on the Aspire is somewhat better, but the added room of the Tuscany is very inviting, especially for full-timing with 2 golden retrievers. We went through the Entegra factory in Indiana while having some work done on the Challenger last July and were very impressed with the build quality, as well as the longer warranty. It will be interesting which we choose, but those seem to be the two on the final list - at least for now, but you know how that goes !!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronk View Post
This is good information concerning the Entegra Coach/s. We presently have a Damon Challenger and are thinking seriously of going back to full-timing. We are looking at the Entegra Aspire and the Damon Tuscany. The Tuscany is bigger (43 feet) compared to 40 feet for the Aspire. They are both on a dealer's lot close to home, and I can buy either of them for the same price. The workmanship on the Aspire is somewhat better, but the added room of the Tuscany is very inviting, especially for full-timing with 2 golden retrievers. We went through the Entegra factory in Indiana while having some work done on the Challenger last July and were very impressed with the build quality, as well as the longer warranty. It will be interesting which we choose, but those seem to be the two on the final list - at least for now, but you know how that goes !!

Bronk
The Aspire comes in 2 - 43 foot floorplans RBQ And DLQ
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I realize that the Aspire comes in a longer length than 40 ft., but that is the only length that this dealer has on his lot at this time. The longer Aspires are really out of our price range when campared to the Tuscany.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote