Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #1

Decorating

We r looking at buying a used Class A Travel Supreme motorhome an I know I will want to change something's inside for instance, the window treatments, possibly painting, etc. Are there any women out there that have done this? I know it's done a lot on fifth wheels and TT but what about class A? We have owned 3 TT' an 1 fifth wheel an I changed/decorated them but the price for a Class A scares me.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Not really any different on a Class A. We've changed the cabinetry in ours, modified the window treatments, replaced the carpet, installed different tvs, etc. You need only decide whether you care about resale value or not when makiong your choices. Do you decorate as YOU want it, or decorate as others might prefer it (i.e. more "neutral" decor).

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Its your house. Do what you want.

Or, you could keep it all beige and tan, on the off chance you want to sell it 10 years from now to someone with no imagination.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #4

Thank you so much for the insight....feelin' a little less stressed about that area of our decision.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #5

We lived in a motorhome for nearly 12 years and in that time the front had four different window treatments and the bedroom had three. We replaced the couch ones, reupholstered the driver, passenger, & easy chairs once, reupholstered the dinette once, changed wall coverings in the entire coach one time, replaced about half of the cabinets with custom ones and probably a few other things. All of the window treatments and the upholstery of the dinette were done by my wife, I did the walls and cabinets and together we added a headboard to the bed that didn't have one when new. Before we ever went on the road we replaced all of the pictures with ours, and changed the draperies for the windshield.

I'm sure that I must have missed something...
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #6

New carpet,granite floor,window treatments w/ new rope lights,flat screen tv,couch,grandmas rocker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	71385  
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #7

Front tv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	71386  
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #8

I agree with JFXG its your home make it yours .Your the ones that are leaving in it and want it your way. So make it yours .
Old 08-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firdude View Post
We r looking at buying a used Class A Travel Supreme motorhome an I know I will want to change something's inside for instance, the window treatments, possibly painting, etc. Are there any women out there that have done this? I know it's done a lot on fifth wheels and TT but what about class A? We have owned 3 TT' an 1 fifth wheel an I changed/decorated them but the price for a Class A scares me.
Good morning,
We have an 05 Tiffin Allegro (their basic model) which we purchased in 2010, maybe, and we loved it. Our first mod was to cut off the vertical parts of the window valences/cornices. I did provide more openness and room for the dinette seats. We also get rid of those string operated shades with regular roller shades with curved/wavy bottoms. Work great but I wish I paid a little more for better quality shades.
After a few years we replaced carpets with vinyl tiles because the grey carpets were difficult to keep clean. Looks great and much neater.
Once we started doing winters in the RV we got the remodel itch again. I just finished venting the stove and microwave to the outside...... Decided to change the stained kitchen sink to a stainless steel sink which turned into removing the whole counter and replacing it with a pre made counter with back splash from homedepot. That resulted in changing the fold down counter thingie to now match the counter. While the counter was removed decided to change the dinky gooseneck water filter with another "wholehouse" filter under the sink. That turned into building shelves under the sink for more efficient storage space. Then "it was determined" (not by me) that the wallpaper border behind the stove was too "busy" for the new counter. Are you getting what's happening to the new sink project??
Removing the border turned out to be much more difficult than expected which resulted in removing all the wallcovering behind the stove so the "peel and stick" metal backsplash would stick. UGH!!
That's where we are right now..... trying to figure out how to cut the backsplash tiles to fit around the radius of the window. UGH! UGH!
Soooo, that's what might happen if you decide to do "a little" remodeling.
Oh! Almost forgot about the old fashioned top cornices on all the windows.....
yup that's next.
BTW I am not a professional re modeler. But I'd certainly share and info you may find helpful.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #10

I am so grateful for the reply's, especially on those stupid vertical window treatments......those r going to b the first to go. Love granny's rocker . Thanks to all the hubby responses, my hubby is now giving me so slack. Buying the base model an doing ur own upgrades/touches is a great idea something hubby is concerning now since he knows I am gonna do some changes.