Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #29
a k

Newmar Owners Club
I would really be worried if they accept your bid. Something ain't right.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #30

Maccorgi -
Check your private messages, I just sent you one.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #31

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
If the SC Camping World dealer is on 544 in MB, they will never fix the items you requested. Reputation precedes them.
I am from the MB area and would gladly look at the unit for you but will be on the road for the next 3 months.

Do yourself a favor and look for another unit, there are many out there that would be a better long range deal.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #32

The dealer is in Spartanburg. It was at a dealer in MB then went to Charleston for a while. Then the unit went to Spartanburg.

I suspect there are other issues.

I live in Virginia and there is no Camping World near me. The closest is 5 hours away.

LL and the fur kids
maccorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccorgi View Post
And about 300 hours on the generator - I read it as 2963 hours but my friend who has had motorhome told me that could not be possible.
LL
After three years, my generator has logged about 125 hours. 300 hours on a new unit would certainly require some explanation.

As others have said, leave this deal and dealer quickly. With the condition of the coach that can be seen, you could only guess at what can't be seen. The old saying, "Ten miles of bad road" would certainly be applicable here, only it would probably be much more than ten miles!

Wayne
Old 06-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #34

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's easy, used coach, used price. I don't know what all the running away is about. It's a used coach. Good cleaning will most likely make a nice rig of it. You lost me with the pollan on the elec conections! Sounds like you want the coach, low ball and walk away.... they will either take it or not. One way of the other you will both be happy...Happy Trails...
FATMANAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #35

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Used unit at a used price. You are the only one that has to be satisfied and happy with the deal. If you are satisfied with the price give them a punch list of things that need attention and do not sign the papers until they have been completed.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
13 items on the "list" are just cleaning...
17 are PDI stuff...

Not unusual at all IMO
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccorgi View Post
The dealer is in Spartanburg. It was at a dealer in MB then went to Charleston for a while. Then the unit went to Spartanburg.

I suspect there are other issues.

I live in Virginia and there is no Camping World near me. The closest is 5 hours away.

LL and the fur kids
Where in Virginia do you live? There are Camping Worlds in Roanoke and in Winchester.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #38

I live in Yorktown, VA so I am still fairly far from a Camping World The one in Winchester is fairly close to the one in Roanoke -

Me and the furballs
Old 06-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #39

I agree - I did give them a punch list now the dealer dropped the price by $2000 and asked me to come up for 24% down so I could get he payment down. Well if I am putting 1/4 of the cost down I certainly don't want a payment for 20 years. I am going to just let it sit until I decide what if anything I want to do. I still think it is a bit much for a unit that has been sitting - I also asked for more stuff. Now it is just a game to play to keep me occupied until I get bored with it. I have already gotten over this one and will move on. I guess the unprofessional nature of the sales rep is what got to me. I think people should have a professional manner when selling or representing a product. I do and I guess I expect as much.

Have a great week

Thank you all for your replys
Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Maybe we got lucky with our A.
We stumbled on one on the lot in basically the same description.
Its an 08 with 2400 miles and never registered.
Dealer stated and provided proof, it came from a dealer that had gone bankrupt.
Bed still had the plastic on it as did the sofa bed..
We looked at others on the lot but still liked this one.
Everything else was still wrapped as from the factory and had the "new rig" smell
Got a good deal on it.
My avatar is one of the pics of it.
Good luck with your search.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #41

maccorgi-
Cureous of the status of the offer you made to them? Have they responded?
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #42

They turned it down but the RV is really clean now and it is fixed except the slides still do not have the sealing/weather stripping around the slides are still not repaired. They would not budge off the price at all. So as far as I am concerned it can sit for a while longer.

Thanks for asking.

I have a 2009 that is the same price it is a Platinum Edition Damon Challenger - really in beautiful shape and the insides are so much nicer - none of the issues - same price it was reduced recently to the same - it was 149K MSRP down to 112K. Fireplace, sliding doors to close off the frount from the back. same layout except for that. Does not have the side cameras but I think I can do with out those. There is no rust on the frame. Never titled or used by the staff as well.

Think I am going to get this one. I wanted a diesel but think it is out of range for me.

Thanks for asking.