Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
rssnape,
Thanks for the post. This is just what I have been looking for. I do not see a 20 foot low pressure hose? I only see a 12 foot line?? Which one did you order?

dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
rssnape,
Thanks for the post. This is just what I have been looking for. I do not see a 20 foot low pressure hose? I only see a 12 foot line?? Which one did you order?
Call them with the number from your quick connect fitting on your Coach. They are very helpful and hooked me up with a 20 footer and the pigtail for the grill.
What's really great is if you have anything else you want to use like a heater or fire pit. You just get an extra pigtail for each and then it's just a quick connection between them no separate hoses for each.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rssnape View Post
I got a 20 ft extension for my low pressure propane and the appropriate quick connection from www.tejassmokers.com. Great service and quick delivery. Works great!
That's the same place I got all of my fittings from, great place and fast delivery
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
The Extend A Stay has two distinct functions. Firstly, the small fitting allows you to attach an external tank to supply the motor home instead of the internal tank. Lets you go get a propane fill without breaking camp. Secondly, and completely independently, you can attach a hose to the large fitting and run your grill from the internal (or external if hooked up) tank. The hose has a "disposable cylinder" fitting which attaches to the grill instead of a throwaway bottle. The regulator MUST be in place on the grill.
I have a Coleman Roadtrip gas grill and the customer service tells me it only works with high pressure tanks. Does this mean none of the low pressure options mentioned work using my RV internal tank without modification. I am willing to by any appropriate hose or fitting. Just dont want to carry any external propane with me.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to GSGracie
I had the regulator taken off my Coleman Road Trip and I had the BBQ plumbed into my gas line after the tank regulator. I then had the regulator reattached to a spare hose with a quick fit so I can use a gas bottle at home if I wish, or if I want to sell the Coleman. Works great. Agree about not wanting to carry extra bottles.
My reasons for not being able to stay longer in one place are a) grey tank fills, b) black tank fills, c) run out of fresh water, and then not enough LPG is WAY down the list.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGracie View Post
I had the regulator taken off my Coleman Road Trip and I had the BBQ plumbed into my gas line after the tank regulator. I then had the regulator reattached to a spare hose with a quick fit so I can use a gas bottle at home if I wish, or if I want to sell the Coleman. Works great. Agree about not wanting to carry extra bottles.
My reasons for not being able to stay longer in one place are a) grey tank fills, b) black tank fills, c) run out of fresh water, and then not enough LPG is WAY down the list.
Thanks GS. If i dont want to use the grill at home, can i do away with the regulator on the grill?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #21

I have had no problems. If anything, the BBQ is a little too efficient but it was like that on the gas bottles anyway. My Road Trip packs away really neatly if I take the plastic leg off, fits perfectly into a side locker. Spare plates/grills, and about ten feet of gas line, quick fit connect at the bottle end, good to go. In New Zealand, the fittings for everything cost me around $85, but I am sure you can do better in the USA. I put the fittings on myself, as long you test the joins for leaks with some soapy water, there is not much you can do wrong. The reason I connected after the regulator was I didn't like the idea of high pressure in the hose, the original BBQ fittings went straight from the gas bottle to the regulator.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #22

Sorry, should have said - I got the lines and joins made up professionally (hence the cost, they assume you are loaded with money with a big MH) but connecting into the gas line on the bus was a breeze.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #23

here is what my tank looks like althou its not my tank but mine does have the two vapor outlets.... and they were installed for more flow as if you have to much draw on several appliances then you would need to have extra flow for another appliance...jeff

Click image for larger version

Name:	bus-005.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	36669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
I would suggest and I am no expert the following,
t into the high pressure side of the main suuply line from your tank to the main reg,(before the reg) either install a lp high pressure quick disconnect there or run a short line to the other side of the coach and mount and install the quick disconnect there, buy one or two 12 foot length of lp high pressure hose, purchase the male fitting that mimicks the top of the green lp bottles, either connect the two 12 footers or install quick disconnects and away you go, one thing to remember, there is no checlk valve in the line so when you disconnect the lines be very careful, there is a **** load of lp and pressure in there enough to run the barb cue for several minutes, ill be looking for a check valve this year.

finally have an expert at least look at what you have done before you turn it on.

Moxy
Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
I have a Coleman Roadtrip gas grill and the customer service tells me it only works with high pressure tanks. Does this mean none of the low pressure options mentioned work using my RV internal tank without modification. I am willing to by any appropriate hose or fitting. Just dont want to carry any external propane with me.
You can use the Coleman on low pressure LP with the Coleman Regulator removed and the Coleman attached AFTER your onboard LP regulator or you can use the Coleman on high pressure LP with the Coleman Regulator (installed on the grill) and the hose attached BEFORE the onboard LP regulator. In either case, appropriate adapters/fittings/hoses are required.

The real question is: How comfortable are you in making modifications, attaching fittings, and testing LP connections?

If your answer is "not so comfortable", you should contact an LP supplier/service provider or RV center and let them do the work.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #25

This is the reason i just carry a 20lb tank in the basement for the Weber Q, no issues, no hassles, just hook-n-cook. Been carrying propane tanks for years and have never had an issue yet. As my onboard tank is on the drivers side and it would be a pain to have to plumb in another outlet curbside I'll just stick with the xtra tank.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post

You can use the Coleman on low pressure LP with the Coleman Regulator removed and the Coleman attached AFTER your onboard LP regulator or you can use the Coleman on high pressure LP with the Coleman Regulator (installed on the grill) and the hose attached BEFORE the onboard LP regulator. In either case, appropriate adapters/fittings/hoses are required.

The real question is: How comfortable are you in making modifications, attaching fittings, and testing LP connections?

If your answer is "not so comfortable", you should contact an LP supplier/service provider or RV center and let them do the work.
How can i take the Coleman regulator off...thanks for your help.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
This is the reason i just carry a 20lb tank in the basement for the Weber Q, no issues, no hassles, just hook-n-cook. Been carrying propane tanks for years and have never had an issue yet. As my onboard tank is on the drivers side and it would be a pain to have to plumb in another outlet curbside I'll just stick with the xtra tank.
Me too! ... because:

1) no more or less dangerous than a home BBQ;
2) it's cheap;
3) doesn't require a trip in the RV if you have a toad to fetch a refill;
4) goes anywhere you want to cook;
5) you can take the whole thing home and use it at the house;
6) you can use it for tailgating independent of the RV;
7) requires nothing more than a commonly available hose/adapter; and
8) did I mention it's cheap !!

The only downsides are that the full tank weighs 37Lb. and occupies about the same space as a 5 gal. paint bucket... but it does contain additional LP beyond what you normally carry onboard.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxkharra View Post
How can i take the Coleman regulator off...thanks for your help.
It unscrews ...like a garden hose connection .... see page 6.

http://r1.coleman.com/Manuals/2000005493.pdf