Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Now who is insulting other people's rigs?
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
So you can post derogatory posts but I am not allowed to say anything? Interesting. Rules for you and different rules for those who disagree. Heard that one before. I think I need to quit posting for a while. And quit reading as well.

Lorna, I haven't read one derogatory post on this thread. I think you are taking this waaaayyyy too serious as I said before..... Lighten up and don't take things personal. Oh, seajay, we are laughing with you !
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
One last comment and then I will shut up....

THANK GOD FOR OUR DIFFERENCES....... Thank God we all want the same thing or be of the same opinion as everyone else. Our variety is what makes us Human. What I like or dislike has no real bearing on what you may like or not like. Neither does it make either one of us ''Right or Wrong'', it makes us human. As to the ''Back porch skoolie'' this is their expression of ''Self''. It was done to attract attention and comments from fellow travelers and it works like a charm. I think we each strive for identity in our own special way and when you do that, you are subject to others seeing you and commenting on you. If you take the ''comments'' directly as derogatory about yourself then YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM.

Concerning the lady that may stop posting and stop reading the forums, It is her loss and WE can do nothing about this. For me to ''post'' in a manner that might please all who read is not possible because I do not know what I should say to please everyone that is going to read my post.

I say that we should ALL lighten up about five degrees and use this forum for the FUN GATHERING PLACE THAT IT IS AND NOT TAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY .............

I yield the soap box cause I gotta go ''tinkle''

Lets all pray for the safe return of our troops......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
THANK GOD FOR OUR DIFFERENCES.......
FUN GATHERING PLACE THAT IT IS AND NOT TAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY

I can agree with these two statements by SEAJAY.
Its what makes up the people on this forum, we may disagree at times but we do have to be nice to one another.
We have rules that everyone has read I presume so lets follow them and enjoy this irv2 web site.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #33

I forgot about posting this. Signs of old age! Anyhow no offense to 'skoolies'. I did have an interest in talking to the owner. Wish I could go back about 50 and do some touring in an old bus with skate board & wave board. We miss a lot not seeing what younger people are doing.

Beagle
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Lorna,

Hope you're still reading this. Most (if not all) of the comments here were meant in fun. Obviously they struck a nerve with you. Yeah, some campgrounds don't accept older rigs - their loss as far as I'm concerned. Some don't accept converted buses. Good or bad, they have their reasons. Hey, if they want to stick their noses in the air, it just makes it easier to see their boogers...
Your camper and your bus look fine to me. I'd love to see how you are doing the insides - will you blank out windows or use curtains, how is it going to be laid out, that kind of thing. If money were no object, I'd have a converted English double decker bus (with Victorian furniture - I'm weird). Instead, I have a 16 year old class A. I'm happy with it.
Yeah, that bus could probably have a nicer paint job and the deck could be a little better built but the owners apparently like it. I would bet they have some interesting stories to tell - I'm curious about the flamingo on the front of the roof. Meth lab? - guess I'm old, I would have thought more hippie, like Cheech & Chong (again, not an insult, just reminds me of younger days). As for the Beverly Hillbillies, don't forget that they were the intelligent ones on the show (well, except maybe for Jethro...). Jed had no trouble putting phonies in their place. Hey, I have kin in East Central Kentucky, some parts of that show wasn't always so far off.
Anyway, stick around - please. If you really don't want to stay, at least go poke around a bit in the "RV Mutant" thread before you leave - we're weird, but in a good way...Dave
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #35

seems like the kind of people who are who they are and not worried about who they appear to be. too many people seem to think money makes them better than others...
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by allynne View Post
Lorna,

It seems that you are as guilty of the uptight attitude as the posters you complain about.

For those who apologize for their comments, don't say it if you don't mean it. If someone is offended it's their problem not yours.

Al Sawyer
'05 MADP
One of the best posts I've read in a while! Over 2 years later and people are still apologizing to someone who got all bent out of shape for no solid reason except their own insecurity; over and over again at that.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sandman View Post
seems like the kind of people who are who they are and not worried about who they appear to be. too many people seem to think money makes them better than others...
Well... if you are referencing the owners of the "bus" from the OP picture, I would agree up to the point that I feel they may want to worry a little about proper weight distribution.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #38

I am sorry Lorna, I am trying not to comment but cannot resist. The "skoolie" this thread is about is a complete piece of rubble that looks like it is on the verge of disintegrating right before our eyes. No craftsmanship, just junk. Look at the 2x4 supports holding the back deck that is littered with future road debris. If I were behind this thing I would take all available actions to get as far away as possible or pass it. Get off your high horse and go back to your project of converting your bus which in all likelihood will be very nice and worthy of no criticism. This bus is a POS.

I love vintage (own lots of vintage vehicles) and respect vehicles when it is due.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #39

Ah crap, just realized how old this thread is.
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
Ah crap, just realized how old this thread is.
:r ofl::rof l:

That is a unique form of disappointment isn't it?
Old 03-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #41

Akeyzoo, I agree with your assessment of this skoolie completely. Rigs like this give all the rest of us a bad name.

With all that crap on the rear platform, that bus cannot be safe. I hope that law enforcement somewhere has taken that POS off the road. By now, given the age of this thread, maybe they have! We can only hope...
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #42

Lorna

I believe there are several reasons why campgrounds don't allow older campers (trailers or RV's). 1. Image however more importantly 2. Liability insurers don't believe they are a good risk, therefore, do not allow the campgrounds to allow them in parks. I am an insurance company executive and can vouch for #2 but disagree with #1.

My friend owns a campground in New Hampshire and had to evict 90% of his seasonal clientele as he could not find an insurance company to insure his business risk. He was devastated. .