Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoysRV View Post
So!!! What is everyone's opinion on this deal, based on the new pictures????
I'm probably a bit old school but I am of the opinion that when an offer is made and accepted, the deal is done. So, congratulations - you just bought a motorhome!

I think the photos look nice. You already know that you're going to drop several thousand on repairs - enjoy it and enjoy making your new baby "yours"! It took me a long time to realize this - I kinda of had the idea in the back of my head that it was what it was and couldn't be changed.

JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #58

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Absolutely, and I agree with you 100%. That's why I told the seller:
"I offer $10,000 cash, contingent on a test drive, and an in person inspection as well."

I may not be able to meet up with the sellers until January 1, 2015, due to them going out of town. I REALLY hope I love this RV in person!

Thanks again to all of you! I will continue to keep you posted, and hopefully my next update will be a picture of me and the Mrs with the new purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNM View Post
I'm probably a bit old school but I am of the opinion that when an offer is made and accepted, the deal is done. So, congratulations - you just bought a motorhome!

I think the photos look nice. You already know that you're going to drop several thousand on repairs - enjoy it and enjoy making your new baby "yours"! It took me a long time to realize this - I kinda of had the idea in the back of my head that it was what it was and couldn't be changed.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #59

That's a solid rig. Congrats!
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdownman View Post
That's a solid rig. Congrats!
Thanks Mark! It's not perfect, but I really believe we can make it into our own over time!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #61

Roysrv, if you pm me with your phone number I will give you a call. I used to have a 97 Imperial with the 8.3l C motor and can give you some good info and share info with you.
Steve
Old 12-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #62

Beautiful, if everything works out in the inspection I would go for it. Hope what I sent you helps.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #63

If you didn't miss anything significant then great and congratulations for putting some due diligence into the process and your negotiations. When you read about owners who didn't and roped themselves into a big problem, you will know...
Old 12-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #64

After speaking with slemnah, and find the true NADA value of $9,400 for this coach, I have had to REEMAIL the sellers. I told them I found out new information, had some wrong information, and unfortunately, had to present a new offer.

This is not how I do business, but with new information coming to light, I cannot proceed with a bad deal. I basically cut the offer in half, because of the water damage, along with the lower NADA value, and sent an offer in for $4,500.

With that being said, this deal is most likely dead....I'll keep you all posted. :(
Old 12-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes it's a dead deal. Your very lucky it is.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoysRV View Post
With that being said, this deal is most likely dead....I'll keep you all posted. :(
I certainly do not have all the information so please do not think I am second guessing your decision. That said, I suspect we all look at this type of purchase somewhat differently. In my opinion, the NADA value means absolutely nothing on these older rigs if you are going to use them and get lots of enjoyment out of it. I've probably invested far more in my twenty year old PA than it is worth and I'm completely ok with that because I am really enjoying it - both the use (camping/traveling) and the projects (lots and lots of improvements - solar, flooring, etc...). I'd love to have a new $250k rig but there would be nothing to do to it (projects) and I'd have to get a second job to make the payment so it would get little use.

I guess my point is that when it comes to these "luxury items", I don't think every decision should be dollar driven - there are many other factors.

Just an different perspective to consider...
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #67

Thanks again everyone. I sent a couple of you some PM's with some questions.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #68

The potential that the water damage is much more extensive than you think, and therefore much more expensive to repair, just short of sits there as a thought.

Junk yards and rvs are sometimes closer than we know.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #69

A bank would have used the NADA as a guide to finance a purchase, the amount they would use is exactly that.... Even at $4500 I'd question if it's worth putting $10,000 back in to it because that will never bring up the NADA if you wanted to get rid of it in the long (Or) short run. It' may be best to let it die... there are tons of used units on the market...
Old 12-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #70

You know, I've read through the entire thread and the only mention of water damage I see is a small leak around the antenna that was repaired. Holy smokes, you have no idea how common that is. The HRs are aluminum framed and skinned, so there's not a lot to rot out. If that's what killed the deal, that's a shame. That would be a non-issue for me, especially for a coach of that age.

I agree with what another said that once a coach reaches this age, the NADA means nothing. Almost any running and driving motorhome that's in decent shape at all is worth $10,000 (especially a diesel pusher).

Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a