Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #1

Consignment lots in Phoenix AZ

Looks like I'm going to be the proud owner of 2 Motorhomes soon. Can anyone recommend a good consignment lot in the Phoenix AZ area?😎
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #2

Hello mccrob.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm looking for a good consigner in Phx. Need to sell a $150k coach. Wondering how your situation worked out. Did you find someone to help you? How did it go?
JasonDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:42 PM   #3

My coach sat on AZConsignment.net lot for 4mo in Surprize with no luck sold it by word of mouth in our home camp ground. So no help from me. Good luck
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:45 PM   #4

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Glad to know you got it sold though.

Based on your post date it seems you were on their lot during peak season too.

Think I'll probably just take mine to PPL.

Happy travels.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #5

"Always RV" in Mesa. Wonderful family owned storage, and full-time sales and consignment operation. Been storing my unit there for 5 years and very safe. Talk to Dave.
robt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There's Desert Autoplex in Mesa. The people remind me of car salesmen, but I don't how good they are at consignment sales.
mike2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2wheels View Post
There's Desert Autoplex in Mesa. The people remind me of car salesmen, but I don't how good they are at consignment sales.
I hear ya. I contacted them and was not impressed. The guy made me feel like he was doing me a favor just to talk to me. Plus, I could tell I was dealing with a professional slickster.

So I won't be doing business with them.

Of all the companies I contacted (about 10), only TWO made the effort to return my call(s). One was Pedata in Tucson and the other was PPL in Houston.

The guy at Pedata was very cordial, but he offered me an extremely low cash price. Coach is worth $186k according to lowest NADA price with no added features. They offered $100k (53% of value).

Pedata also offered to consign it for me – at $120k net (64% of value). But the lowness of that estimate made it hard for me to trust them.

PPL has not given me any projected values. They won't appraise it until it's on their lot. But their coaches are generally selling for about 85% to 98% of the lowest NADA value. More specifically, their average sale in 2016 for coaches above $100k is 91% of value.

So even if mine were to sell at 75% of value, I'd be way ahead of any other offers I've received. Plus, PPL seems to be the most straight-forward and least 'creepy' of the places I've researched.

Don't know why I shared all that. Perhaps the numbers will help others who are researching their consignment options.

Good luck everyone.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Don't know why I shared all that. Perhaps the numbers will help others who are researching their consignment options.
I'm glad you did. I used PPL's list of sold RV's to help me buy our coach from the previous owner. His wife said the coach was his baby and he was always doing something to it. He had way over priced the coach and it sat unsold for 2 years. When we looked at it, I took the PPL list and the NADA with me and showed him what coaches like his were selling for in the real world. I made an offer which was $30,000 less than his asking price, and after a bit thinking he sold it to us. Then he surprised us by giving us everything that was inside the coach from pots, foodstuffs to tools and a air compressor. I reopened the negotiations with him and offered a sum of money for the contents, but he refused and said a deal was a deal!

We kept in touch sending him pictures of his coach in various states, and his last email before he passed away said he "really enjoyed seeing his coach having fun."
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

Great story, Pete. You did a very nice thing there.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
We kept in touch sending him pictures of his coach in various states, and his last email before he passed away said he "really enjoyed seeing his coach having fun."
Great. Thanks for that. Now I'm all steamy eyed and melancholy. This whole mortality thing kinda sucks when you think about it...

Agree with Jim though. Heckuva nice thing you did for that seller.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:43 AM   #11

Ya know how some people you have a instant dislike for, and some you instantly like? They were of the second type. They were in another state from us and elderly. They mentioned the realization that being close to doctors was more important that traveling anymore. I remembered when Mom/Dad entered that phase of their lives, and in fact I slipped up once and called the elderly gentleman Dad once. They were good people as we say around here.

Quote:
This whole mortality thing kinda sucks when you think about it...
As close to going over the rainbow as I have come on several occasions, I look at every day as a bonus. Life is fun, and since I won't have any control whatsoever over the final outcome I just don't concern myself with it. Now my oldest daughter is another matter. When I told her as the oldest child she had the responsibility to take care of us when we got old and feeble. Her tongue in cheek response was "Dad, remember I am a pharmacist, and I have a pill I can give to you that will take care of the "problem"". Yes, life is good!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:13 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
This is fair warning on PPL in Houston, they are liars and cheats. The easiest way to tell if they are lying is to look and see if their lips are moving. NEVER AGAIN!!!

--------------
FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGus View Post
This is fair warning on PPL in Houston, they are liars and cheats. The easiest way to tell if they are lying is to look and see if their lips are moving. NEVER AGAIN!!!

--------------
Wow , slander a company without giving any details, ok I believe every word you say.

Some people on this site just dont get it.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:50 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDean View Post
I hear ya. I contacted them and was not impressed. The guy made me feel like he was doing me a favor just to talk to me. Plus, I could tell I was dealing with a professional slickster.

So I won't be doing business with them.

Of all the companies I contacted (about 10), only TWO made the effort to return my call(s). One was Pedata in Tucson and the other was PPL in Houston.

The guy at Pedata was very cordial, but he offered me an extremely low cash price. Coach is worth $186k according to lowest NADA price with no added features. They offered $100k (53% of value).

Pedata also offered to consign it for me – at $120k net (64% of value). But the lowness of that estimate made it hard for me to trust them.

PPL has not given me any projected values. They won't appraise it until it's on their lot. But their coaches are generally selling for about 85% to 98% of the lowest NADA value. More specifically, their average sale in 2016 for coaches above $100k is 91% of value.

So even if mine were to sell at 75% of value, I'd be way ahead of any other offers I've received. Plus, PPL seems to be the most straight-forward and least 'creepy' of the places I've researched.

Good luck everyone.

What I get from this is if I am buying I should look at pedata.

If I am selling I should look at ppl.

We are in Apache Junction presently and have been scouting coaches for a future move.