Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,307
I think Gary's advise is sound. The downside is that your wait on a new Cornerstone is going to be probably close to six months. That means that you will still have to try to find a deal you can live with and wait for quite a while for your new unit. I would see what the dealer will do on a straight trade and then determine if you can live with his offer or a good counter offer that would be somewhere in between.

2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Senior Member
Jack1234's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 967
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer

He isn't going to ever sell it at his "cost", i.e. the $235k you would get. He loses money at that price, due to his overhead, salesman's commission, etc., so he has to charge more and he is motivated to charge a lot more.
I'm curious as to why anyone would think this is unusual or in any way fraudulent?

Jack & Maggie
04-Rexhall Roseair (37)
Cummins ISC / Spartan
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
Senior Member
johnsong3's Avatar
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Posts: 112
Life is too short for a battle such as this. If it goes to court it will be a "he said, she said" case which can go either way. No matter how unjust you may feel this is, if you want this coach from this dealer at this time you have to work it out with him.
johnsong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 189
Am I missing something here??

The dealer is trying to sell your old coach on consignment, because this would save you ten's of$ thousands of dollars on your new coach. You don't want to use your old coach as a trade-in because it would cost you ten's of$ thousands of dollars more. And in Florida, if this dealer sells your old coach you would now save a ton of money in taxes on top of everything else.

And you now want to sue him?

What am I missing here, is the dealer holding your deposit? From what I am reading, this is not the case.

I have to be missing something.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tarpon Springs, Florida
Posts: 19
The dealer does not want to loose the sale. He stated that he will return my deposit and I can take my County Coach back. He also agrees to allow me to keep the contract on the Cornerstone until it arrives in April and allow my coach on his lot without a consignment contract if I am willing to advertize it, maintain it, etc. I really do think the salesman is trying to make this all happen for me. The coach will see more traffic there than in my enclosed RV storage site. The sales person says that I can put any price I'd like on my coach in an effort to get it sold prior to the arrival of my new Cornerstone in April. Given the above, I have listed the coach on Rvtrader.com and rvonline.com in addition to on this web site. I know what the NADA book says the tradein and retail values should be and I am below both. What would you gentlemen (and Ladies of course) suggest the sale price of a clean, well maintained 45' 2007 Country Coach Intrigue Jubilee Quad slide should be. The coach has just about every extra you could order. I'm asking $239,900. Am I crazy?? What do you think I should ask to move it by mid March? This is getting mentally exhausting. My but hurts from sitting on the edge of my seat.
DoctorH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #20
Senior Member
v8dave's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by DoctorH View Post
. . .
What would you gentlemen (and Ladies of course) suggest the sale price of a clean, well maintained 45' 2007 Country Coach Intrigue Jubilee Quad slide should be. The coach has just about every extra you could order. I'm asking $239,900. Am I crazy?? What do you think I should ask to move it by mid March? This is getting mentally exhausting. My but hurts from sitting on the edge of my seat.
First off, I am not a buyer of Coaches in this price range. But, I have been a near lifetime car collector and seller. The chase is part of the game and I don't think the rules change just because we are dealing with RVs. So, here it goes.

You are asking a near unreasonably low price for what you are selling. You are already the lowest priced of similar units. Don't go lower as you are on the verge of "what is wrong, that it's selling for this price?"

Don't expect to sell anything used and get your asking price. You will get offers 10% below your asking price--don't let it insult you and turn you off! Negotiate, don't accept the counter offer, expect to reach an agreement half way between your price and their offer. But in the end, accept what you feel you have to do.

Or, if you are uncomfortable with negotiating, tell the dealer you will pay the salesman directly to negotiate and sell it for you by: 1) give the dealer your bottom line price and who ever sells it gets to keep anything over the bottom line, or 2) tell the dealer you will give the salesman $5,000 to get the Coach sold before the end of March also tell the dealer/salesman what the lowest price is they can accept for you, I'd say 5% lower as a minimum.

Approach #2 has the attraction that the salesman won't try to keep the price high to improve his situation. But, it is also almost a certainty that it will be sold at the lower price (if it sells).

Do yourself and the salesman/dealer a favor and agree how often you can ask him about how it is going.

Best of Luck---Dave

Northern California
2000 Alpine Coach 36' FDS, Cummins ISC 330
v8dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.