Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 AM   #1

Convection oven

My confectioner oven and microwave ,when I pre heat and then put what i'm cooking in may cook for 10 min. or so then just cuts off as the power has cut off,but in few minutes it will come back on and you reset it and then start the procedure all over again--has anyone ever had this problem? if so I really need help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2014, 04:52 AM   #2

No, but it's a convection oven, and it needs no pre-heating. There was a recall on them a few years back, and I don't know how old yours is, but you might want to check with the manufacturer.

soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan46 View Post
My confectioner oven and microwave ,when I pre heat and then put what i'm cooking in may cook for 10 min. or so then just cuts off as the power has cut off,but in few minutes it will come back on and you reset it and then start the procedure all over again--has anyone ever had this problem? if so I really need help.
You must have some type of power overload that cuts the convection oven off when it reaches a certain temperature. The convection operates just like a regular oven and does require pre-heating. I would certainly contact the mfg because something is not operating correctly if it shuts off in mid baking time.
Texas and Boomers - we just naturally go together
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soricobob View Post
No, but it's a convection oven, and it needs no pre-heating. There was a recall on them a few years back, and I don't know how old yours is, but you might want to check with the manufacturer.
We have a new model in our new coach and it does need to pre-heat. There is a certain sequence you must follow for it to work properly. Are you using yours per directions. We've used ours to cook frozen pizza and it does take longer than a conventional oven.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Ours in a 2002 coach and it has a pre heat button and after it's up to temp you have to set what temp you want and how long. It works great we just used it last night for dinner.
If you go to a FMCA rally go to a class on microwave/convection cooking. Janet Sadlack has a book out and teaches the classes. There are all sorts of tricks you can do with that oven. Google her and see what you find.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #6

DW loves the convection/microwave. Wants one in our stick house also and toss our pricey Viking gas oven/range out the door.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
DW loves the convection/microwave. Wants one in our stick house also and toss our pricey Viking gas oven/range out the door.
Agree. Why in the heck are they still putting gas ovens in coaches? Waste of space. We rather have a small dishwasher or something in that space.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #8

Morgan: If your microwave/convection unit is "cycling" its power during a preheat there is certainly something wrong. If you were to do a test....like take a pyrex measuring cup with 3 cups of water.....place it in microwave and set for 5 min. Does it also reset? There are thermo breakers in the circuitry that try to protect the main electronics from over heating and you might have issues in that control. Good time to seek an appliance person.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #9

Morgan, see if you can contact the manufacturer. Maybe there is a way to reset it or something. Worse case, they'll tell you that it needs repair and you can send it in.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #10

Morgan...what model is it? Look inside the door frame area
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #11

Are you entering a cook time after preheat? After ours preheats you turn the timer knob to set the cook time and depress the timer knob to enter this cooking time.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #12

Ours is auto. Press preheat temp then cook time. It does all the rest once the pre heat temp is reached. I think each model may be slightly different. Ours never resets. You have to hit cancel.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Another thought is do you have enough power coming into the coach while running the oven? If you're on batteries it won't run long, if you have a 30 amp service and are running other items at the same time it could be causing a low voltage situation.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by al2ride View Post
Agree. Why in the heck are they still putting gas ovens in coaches? Waste of space. We rather have a small dishwasher or something in that space.
We have a convention/microwave which is nice. But, we boondock a lot and the gas oven works very well, just as good as our oven in the s&b and we don't have to keep running the generator all the time. Many times the DW will use the gas oven even when we are on shore power. I'll keep mine and wash the dishes by hand.