Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
converting to flat screen tv's

anyone have some really good ideas on how to convert from tube type tv's to flat screens? especially in the driver's area. that tube type cabinet is big and bulky.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Do a search on "TV Conversions", or similar wording. There have been several good posts, with pictures and easy explanations. It's not hard, I've even done it myself, with little or no cabinet modifications. If you are "handy" with tools, you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #3

Here is how I mounted ours in our 2003 Monaco Dynasty. I have attached to a link over on that other site for your viewing.

Mike.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 32" LED/LCD in our Dynasty ***FINAL PICTURES****
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #4

Depending on how you want the end result to look, there are dozens of ways to mount a new tv. I wanted my tv to have a built in look. The first thing I did was to find a tv that would fit within the frame of the old TV. For me it turned out to be a Vizio 32" Razor. I simply mounted the tv to the frame the used to surround the old tv. I glued a couple of strips of black foam weather strip along the edges of the frame where the tv would be mounted to, to absorb some vibration. I held the TV in place with a couple of pieces of wood 3/4 square about 2 feet long screwed in to the side on the frame. See pictures below. The whole project took about 2 hours to do. The TV came from Costco, the hardware from Lowes.

Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Here is how I installed in our coach.

03 Dynasty Center TV Console modifications
texnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Our old 75 lb. "boat anchors" were known as "flat screen TV's". Believe one should be looking for LCD, LED or plasma TV's.

H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote