Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Converting TriMark Bay Door Locks to Electric

Has any converted their bay door locks to electric? I have the TriMark 22310 Rev 10/04, efob 530-0200 system on my coach.

If you have done this, is it a DIY project or too complicated for DIY.

Were you able to use existing locks and simply add the TriMark actuators or were new lock assemblies required.

I like the idea of one button push to lock or unlock all bay doors.

Any help is appreciated.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #2

I am also interested, I had this feature on my American Coach Dream. I have traded recently and miss the conveinance and security.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #3

Remember that Federal Law forbids you from locking the compartment with propane shutoffs. And make sure you still have a way to open the battery compartment manually in case the battery goes dead. Other than that it's just a matter of figuring out how to trip the latch, mount the solenoid, run the wires, and make it all look like it came that way. TriMark should have a customer service rep that can tell you whether your latches can be retrofit or not.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to HotMech
Funny that this thread has come up just now.
I am researching that Idea, to add to my coach.
Some of the current handles are addaptable to power acctuation. some are not.

If you have the key cylinder outside of the moving part of the handle, then you might already have the right handles. If the Key cyl is in the moving part of the handle, then you will have to replace the handles. It would be a DIY project for some, depending on skill level, but it seems it could get rather involved, if you have to change the handles, since they mount in different sized holes in the door.
Trimark.com has all the info on the parts, 'cept price. Lots of pictures, so you can find your current handles, and see if they are addaptable.
For costs, I have come up with this.

Handles are about 45-50 each, I need 11 hmmmm
The acctuators, are about 50, I need 10
Each handle needs a retainer, 7-8 bucks each.
The electronics run about 200-300 depending on what system you want.
If you already have the RF system and it opperates the the entry door locks, it would be cheaper. then you'll need 200-300ft of wire to hook it all up, some split loom to doll it up a bit, and, if you need to enlarge the handle holes, you might need to remove the doors from the coach, so they can be dissasembled.
I'm still thinking about this, but I must admit, it has moved down on the priority list.
K
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to HotMech
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks2 View Post
Remember that Federal Law forbids you from locking the compartment with propane shutoffs.
Federal Law also prohibits the removal of, or tampering with any emissions equipment.

But it doesn't seem stop anyone from doing it.
K
Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
No lock present on my propane compartment
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMech
Funny that this thread has come up just now.
I am researching that Idea, to add to my coach.
Some of the current handles are addaptable to power acctuation. some are not.

If you have the key cylinder outside of the moving part of the handle, then you might already have the right handles. If the Key cyl is in the moving part of the handle, then you will have to replace the handles. It would be a DIY project for some, depending on skill level, but it seems it could get rather involved, if you have to change the handles, since they mount in different sized holes in the door.
Trimark.com has all the info on the parts, 'cept price. Lots of pictures, so you can find your current handles, and see if they are addaptable.
For costs, I have come up with this.

Handles are about 45-50 each, I need 11 hmmmm
The acctuators, are about 50, I need 10
Each handle needs a retainer, 7-8 bucks each.
The electronics run about 200-300 depending on what system you want.
If you already have the RF system and it opperates the the entry door locks, it would be cheaper. then you'll need 200-300ft of wire to hook it all up, some split loom to doll it up a bit, and, if you need to enlarge the handle holes, you might need to remove the doors from the coach, so they can be dissasembled.
I'm still thinking about this, but I must admit, it has moved down on the priority list.
K
It's certainly not my number one project.
After reading your post and verifying my locks/handles will work with the TriMark actuators, it has moved up a couples notches on the list.

I pulled the inside of the entry door off to see how the actuator was installed. Looks like I will need to carve out the foam filler in the bay doors to install.

Wiring seems easy once the run hits the first bay.

Not looking forward to pulling the inner skin on 11 bay doors though.

Tags
door