Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleDs95
Cornerstone vs Anthem vs Monaco Dynasty

I have a 2010 Dynasty. Last weekend we drove down to a dealer so we could check out the entergra's since there are no dealers here in the Kansas City area. They had a Aspire & a Anthem, but no Cornerstone. The Anthem is a very nice coach, but the quality of the woodwork falls short of Dynasty.

Who out there has a Cornerstone that can describe the woodwork in detail. I don't think the floors would be a deal breaker, but tell me about them as well. The Dynasty tile looks like stone.

Most of the amenities the Anthem had, we already have on the Dynasty. Somethings would be an improvement, some things would not. I know, trade offs.

If we still owned our 2004 DSDP, the Anthem would be without a doubt the better coach. But the Dynasty was a big step up when we bought it and I'm wondering if the Cornerstone fills the gap.

DoubleDs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
Member/Supporter

Country Coach Owners Club
I believe there is quite a price differential between the Anthem and Cornerstone. I would be disappointed however with the Anthem if the woodwork was not top notch.

Anthem approx. $460K range (new MSRP)
Cornerstone approx. $580K range (new MSRP)

The anthem is a higher price point than the Tiffin Allegro Bus 43 foot ($415K)

When I was at Hershey last year, I was not impressed with the woodwork on the Entegra line compared to Tiffin and Newmar. Just my opinion.

FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2006 45 foot Country Coach Magna (525 HP Cat C13, Allison 4000 6 speed tranny), 2012 Jeep Liberty
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I hesitate to enter this us versus them, but I will say that we shopped, Tiffin, Newmar, and Entegra. I have visited both Newmar and Entegra's factories and I have read a number of evaluations between the three.

I find no difference in the quality of the woodwork between the Newmar and Entegra. I felt the quality of the woodwork in the Tiffin was less (JMHO), but I have not been to Red Bay to see the factory at work. I did have personal experiences at the Hershey show last year and at dealership in Northern Virginia with quality and craftsmanship that led me to drop Tiffin off my list when I shopped, but I have been reminded on several occasions in this forum that I didn't know what I was talking about, so I'll just say that, I, note I, made a value decision, for me, and chose to narrow to Newmar and Entegra. Tiffin makes a fine coach that is enjoyed by more owners than any other coach, and I respect that.

As far as Newmar and Entegra, their construction techniques with the basic coach and interior amenities are similar. Tough for me to distinguish between Amish craftsmanship between two towns 15 miles apart where they are built. I've looked at the quality of the woods used in the interior, the cabinetry approach, etc and they were similar.

As to price, I found that at the purchase price, Entegra Anthem (amenity for amenity) was slightly less than the Allegro Bus and significantly less the Newmar Mountain Aire. I aggressively bargained with each. Cornerstone is obviously a step up from the Anthem (about $110K in purchase price) with much of that in the chassis and engine (K3 and 600HP Cummins as well as other interior things). Coach should be compared against Zephyr and Essex, and IMHO rates very well in both price and amenities. Entegra Customer Support is second to none.

If Entegra Cornerstone has a fault, many of those I know in Cornerstones would say that they would like to have more flexibility in floor plans available.

Again, all in my very humble opinion w/o seeking to suggest any choice between the three is any better for someone else than the choice I made for myself.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDs95 View Post
I have a 2010 Dynasty.
Most of the amenities the Anthem had, we already have on the Dynasty. Somethings would be an improvement, some things would not. I know, trade offs.

If we still owned our 2004 DSDP, the Anthem would be without a doubt the better coach. But the Dynasty was a big step up when we bought it and I'm wondering if the Cornerstone fills the gap.
If you like your air leveling, it's not available on the Anthem. The Cornerstone has Hadley Air Leveling.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post

If you like your air leveling, it's not available on the Anthem. The Cornerstone has Hadley Air Leveling.
Air might be ok for a short term stay, but we full time & no one I have spoken to will tell me air bag leveling was designed for long term use. That is the #1 item we would change.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Air might be ok for a short term stay, but we full time & no one I have spoken to will tell me air bag leveling was designed for long term use. That is the #1 item we would change.
We live full time in SOB with air level only (HWH). In 7 years of living and traveling the air leveling has never been a problem. We sometimes park in one spot for 3-4 months. Would not give up my air.
Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Of course, Cornerstone has hydraulic/electric jacks as well as the Hadley System. I do know that I've several friends that use just their Hadleys for as much as a week. Don't know how long they "hold".
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Your air leveling has its own compressor, so you never have to start the main engine for air pressure to stay level. They do tend to leak down, over time, but they stay level. Some parks require pads under jacks to protect the surface, too. Another nice thing is in a gravel or grass spot they will relevel each half hour (HWH). I have not heard that the hydraulic jacks will do that. Some have commented that the air leveling is not as firm as the jacks.

Of course, it is personal choice as to what one prefers.

At the price points you mention a lightly used IH-45, Newell or Prevost, with a proper refit, might resolve your concerns about quality workmanship.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post

Your air leveling has its own compressor, so you never have to start the main engine for air pressure to stay level. They do tend to leak down, over time, but they stay level. Some parks require pads under jacks to protect the surface, too. Another nice thing is in a gravel or grass spot they will relevel each half hour (HWH). I have not heard that the hydraulic jacks will do that. Some have commented that the air leveling is not as firm as the jacks.

Of course, it is personal choice as to what one prefers.

At the price points you mention a lightly used IH-45, Newell or Prevost, with a proper refit, might resolve your concerns about quality workmanship.
Well we have a appointment tomorrow to have the leveling system checked out. On the 2010 Dynasty it was a Valid system. Not sure what is on my brother in laws Sig, but he loves it.

I have heard the compressor come on. It use to come on about every 15 minutes. It was just not able to keep up with the air lose. Usually on an unlevel site we would start to nose down overnight.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Well we have a appointment tomorrow to have the leveling system checked out. On the 2010 Dynasty it was a Valid system. Not sure what is on my brother in laws Sig, but he loves it.

I have heard the compressor come on. It use to come on about every 15 minutes. It was just not able to keep up with the air lose. Usually on an unlevel site we would start to nose down overnight.
Bummer. Mike Canter has a nice write up on repairing the HWH system. Mine takes about 3 weeks to settle, I've heard my pump come on 3-4 times in 3 years. We don't full time, yet, but are about half timers.