Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #15
Freightliner Owners Club
In north Tampa area I pay $175 for wash, including roof, and wax including glass and wheel covers for my 40' dp. Fresh water and all materials supplied by detailer.

2012 Sportscoach Cross Country 385 DS Freightliner XCR w/ Cummins ISB 6.7L 340 hp
2009 Saturn Vue, Blue Ox Alpha, RVi Brake 2
mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2016, 06:04 PM   #16
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by mvpmich View Post
In north Tampa area I pay $175 for wash, including roof, and wax including glass and wheel covers for my 40' dp. Fresh water and all materials supplied by detailer.
That's a good price. Would you care to share the detailer's name/contact? I'm north of Tampa too and looking for a detailer. Thanks.

2005 HR Admiral 30PDD
Tampa Bay FL
Life is Good, Do It on Wheels
TinCanTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #17
Last October we stayed at the French Quarter RV resort. There was a Prevost rally there at the time. A group of 3 guys were washing, waxing, and buffing them, plus cleaning and buffing aluminum rims. They charged $85 for a non-tag 40' MH. They did stayed busy the week we were there.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:20 AM   #18
Thanks for the discussion & Information. This helps a lot!
2015 Jayco Precept 31UL
Tow: 2014 Ford Fusion SE HYBRID
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:43 PM   #19
Originally Posted by gemert View Post
Where in Central Florida? I can't find less than 10 a foot which for me is 400, and that is rare. I've getting a lot of 11 a foot the last year.

Call Dazzling Detailing 877-232-0100, they are located in Orlando but will service most all of central and south Florida. Tell them you were referred to them by Larry Roberts and Steve Walker.
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #20
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
$300- 500 is an average price for a motorhome detailing
National 350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #21
In Yuma. Last year at this time we paid $120, including $20 tip, for wash and wax of our 40' coach.

This year, we'll pay $360 before the tip, for a above average detail. About $30-40 more then I had expected to pay. But that was only for a wash/polish/wax, and this gent will also:
-Remove the rear ladder for better access to that area of the rear cap.
-Remove and paint the windshield washer arms.
-Remove and paint the hitch part of our tow assembly.
-Reseal caulk as needed.
-Buff and polish all chrome, and the aluminum wheels too.
-Removes AC shrouds and cleans the pans as well as the coils. (Not a compete AC service, but an extra 30 mins of work.)

This is a two day process, and he say's he is usually done after about 3-4 hours on the second day.

And, I saw his work and then talked with two other customers too - they all say they've worked with this gent for more then 5 years. And every other year they have him 'give it the treatment'.

Our coach has the swirl scratches in the clear coat from dry cleaning with cloths that still trapped sone grit. And we have sections of dark maroon wait with micro checking. These will be color polished. (I knew, and was very straight forward that the color polishing will not remove the micro checking. But, it will reduce the appearance for awhile, especially if we keep good UV wax on the paint.)

I admit that I used to enjoy doing this myself. But at our vacation home where I would make this a two-three day job, I now can no longer wash my vehicle in the street. (Well I could, if I were to buy a water recovery system. But I won't.) I have the Porter Cable 7224 (Think that is the number) orbital polisher, and multiple pads for various applications. Since I no longer can wash well at this home. We've hit Blue Beacon (sure that added to the swirls too), and have had it hand washed and waxed in a few other locals. I use different products that are supposed to be safe to spay on and use micro cloths to remove the dirt, then use scary on nano tech waxes. (Sray on, wipe off, done! While on extended trips....

We'll see how this pampering does to bring it back.

Best to all, be safe, have fun,
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #22
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
After having my coach done @ several different RV resorts the last 2 years, I've found on average a Wash and hand Wax ~ $15/ft. I've paid more and less depending on location and availability of local detailers. Anyways that what I budget for. My .02
Ford RV V10 5 star Tow tune
Front/Read Roadmaster 1 3/4" anti-sway bars. Roadmaster steering stabilizer
2009 Acme Tow dolly w/ 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #23
Does Blue Beacon do a good job of the washing? I'm in the Denver area and am looking for a RV wash job for my fifth wheel.

2002 Holiday Rambler 30RKD
2000 F250 diesel extended cab short bed
2014 Demco Autoslide 18K
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #24
We live in Tampa as well and the 175 is an excellent price. The lowest we have paid was about 300 at Flamingo Lakes in Jacksonville Fl. We have had friends use Dazzling Detail and they were happy with the work.
BUB1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #25
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cost me a couple days of my time and some elbow grease.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote