Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #15

Costs nothing for the Amex and had to get one for a different job but wished we done so earlier.

Last year cash back was about $150.00 ish as we try to use the card for everything we can.

That us free money!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #16
RVM#87 / Senior Member

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Only if you pay with the AMEX card. Some of us don't have those for various reasons, but I don't shop at Costco enough to justify it. Once there are many more Costco stations with diesel, it might be a good deal to get the AMEX card, but by then Costco will have swapped out to Visa for the AMEX card.
April 1 this year is the date AE looses it's exclusivity at Costco. You can use a debit/ATM card at their pump, or as I do, just buy a Costco Cash Card and use that at their pump too. Of course you don't get the 3% that you do with the AE Card.

Last week I paid $1.669/gal for the 87 octane unleaded. Usually $0.04 to $0.15 per gal lower than area fuel stations.

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I guess it is good if there is a Costco that is convenient for you. But most Costcos are not located at a major highway intersection like the truck stops are, and if you have a big rig like I do they may be hard to get in and out of. One fender-bender at the pumps can negate a lot of fuel savings. Unless I have intimate knowledge of a Costco layout, I'll stick with truck stops.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Costs nothing for the Amex
It costs minimum $110/year for premium membership. It might cost more once Costco stops supporting it as they have.

I've done the math. I don't break even with premium membership and AMEX until Costco fueling stations have more diesel locations. Until then,, I piggyback my membership on a friend's account, save big bucks. There is no 2% back on gas with the premium membership, only with the current Costco approved and supported credit card, which is going to change soon.

In many areas, there are stations that are willing to compete with Costco on gas prices. I'm hoping they will do the same with diesel. Good prices are easy to confirm if you do a little poking around on the internet or just call a couple of stations, and sometimes Costco is not the cheapest or the easiest option. Most of the time if you can get away from the major highway intersection about a mile, the prices drop.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #19
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
April 1, the CostCo sponsored credit card (was AmEx) will become a CitiGroup Visa:
What to expect from Costco’s new deal with Visa and Citi - San Antonio Express-News

You still must get the CostCo membership (separate) but these cards afford a second level of savings with cash back awards. It pays for itself, for us.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:04 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
Sounds like competition. Sheetz starting adding it about a year ago. Competition is GOOD!

I did? (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #21
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sheetz is like a fancy Circle K in the north east.
https://www.sheetz.com/subpages/history.jsp
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #22

Hoping our new Costco has diesel pumps.

California does not have a mandate for biodiesel.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #23

Costco pumps

We have a 37 foot class A with a 18 foot trailer on it and have never had a bit of trouble getting up to the pumps at any location. I do like it when the guy with the car pulls up behind us when he see's that big camper and wants to know why it's taking us so long to load up 80 gallons of fuel. take your time and if not sure get out and look around the pumps to make sure you can make it. It's your dime spend it the way you want they just have to wait to spend theirs.

Tags
diesel