Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 02:13 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure how much he paid for the intellectual property but if the current company is not going to produce coaches in the future, how long will that information be valuable and would they be able to recoup the price paid before these coaches are no longer on the road? The long term goal should be to eventually produce new coaches and I believe providing the bit of information asked for would go a long way in keeping existing owners and capturing future market share. I would never want to pay for information on a product. I bet if the OP phrased his question a bit differently, he could have received the info he was looking for. Something like " I need to purchase new tires for my rig, if i bring the coach to you how much will they be and what size do you recommend as I heard their was an issue with the axle rating?" Bet they would have talked your ear off then! By the way, Fleetwood was purchased by another company and if you call them they will research whatever you need, not to mention send you schematics at no charge. For a company that wants to get back in the manufacturing biz again I think its one of the dumbest moves they could make. JMHO

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Not sure how much he paid for the intellectual property but if the current company is not going to produce coaches in the future, how long will that information be valuable and would they be able to recoup the price paid before these coaches are no longer on the road? The long term goal should be to eventually produce new coaches and I believe providing the bit of information asked for would go a long way in keeping existing owners and capturing future market share. I would never want to pay for information on a product. I bet if the OP phrased his question a bit differently, he could have received the info he was looking for. Something like " I need to purchase new tires for my rig, if i bring the coach to you how much will they be and what size do you recommend as I heard their was an issue with the axle rating?" Bet they would have talked your ear off then! By the way, Fleetwood was purchased by another company and if you call them they will research whatever you need, not to mention send you schematics at no charge. For a company that wants to get back in the manufacturing biz again I think its one of the dumbest moves they could make. JMHO
The difference is Fleetwood was purchased in total, Ron Lee bought a small part of Country Coach. All Country Coach manufacturing equipment was purchased by someone else. Fleetwood is still producing motorhomes and presumably make a profit off of sales. Not so for Ron Lee's operation.

Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #45

Probably going to get bashed for saying this.... but...

Think about it.. when CC was in their prime.. their RV's cost what... $200k, $300k, $500k... more??

They are fielding calls from 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 5th owners.... I would like to know the percentage of these callers who would have the ability to purchase a new CC, if and when they started producing coaches again...

So... at the risk of offending someone (which is not my intention)...

So for all that "good will" people are asking for (free info).. most of those people who are looking for it, would never be in the market for a 300k or above coach.. I really don't see how it hurts them by not offering it...

From a person who works at a call center... I absolutely HATE people who call in and glean information from me and NEVER have the intention to order something... unfortunately, in my case, I can't turn those people away... but if I could, I would...
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
From a person who works at a call center... I absolutely HATE people who call in and glean information from me and NEVER have the intention to order something... unfortunately, in my case, I can't turn those people away... but if I could, I would...
I understand all your comments and don't disagree; however, in my case, I angers me that when you do buy something and call in they can't provide you with anything. I asked for a simple wiring diagram so I could understand every part of it and know where to look when I have trouble. I got a floor plan with "x's" where the plugs are. Granted, different company, but same result. This was after a purchase of a brand new trailer. There has to be some production drawings that could be exported to pdf, de-proprietary-ized, and sent out. Maybe some of us just expect to much.
4x4dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #47
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Folks, please discuss the topic and not each other. Thanks.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've heard on several occasions that Ron Lee wants to start building coaches again. If that is in fact the case then it would behoove him to extend some courtesy to existing owners. Again, Fleetwood doesn't care it your the 10th owner or 8th you paid 3 k for your coach and couldn't afford a stick of gum. They take care of you either way. I'm only using Fleetwood as an example. Does anyone know if Jayco provides info free of charge to travel supreme owners?
Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

OK guys. Two warnings to knock off the personal comments have been ignored.

I have edited some posts and deleted others in an attempt to bring this thread back in line but it is on its last leg so no more personal comments!

Thanks for your help.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service