RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2019, 04:02 AM   #1

CR Spotless

Thinking about buying one we have 36' class a and we have very hard water cannot dry fast enough to not get spots was wondering at $450 how does it work for you. Thanks John

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 04:52 AM   #2

Works great. I’ve had one for 2 years and no complaints.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:58 AM   #3

It is the best thing I have ever bought for washing the MH. It used to take me several hours washing the MH, drying as I went to avoid water spots, and having to re-dry the overspray as I moved forward washing. Now I get it done in about an hour, no need to dry as you go and no water spots. I use it for both wash and rinse, do the whole MH and then go back and wipe up any remaining water beads with a microfiber towel(even though you don't have to). That takes me about 20 minutes to do the whole MH.

It comes out much cleaner, spot free, no dull or streaked areas, and ready to wax if you need to. I also wash my cars with it. I wash one car, move it, wash the second car, and then go and wipe down the first car, much like I do the MH, even though there is no need to. I have at times not even dried them at all, if I wasn't going to wax right after. I used to get up at 6am to do the wash before the heat was too much, now I can do it anytime I want. We also use it to wash the windows on our house, which require no drying and they come out spotless.

We have the DIC-20(two tubes) and I get about 3-4 washes of the MH and 6 washes of the cars out of a set of resin tubes before they need replacing. I was not sold on it when we were looking so I went to the actual place where they make/distribute them. The owner of the company showed/explained everything to me and I bought it. I wouldn't wash the MH again without it.

They used to give a discount if you mentioned IRV2. We order the replacement tubes, which they ship for free, with a free return label for the used tubes, on-line. We get them in a few days, and they are very easy/reliable to work with. They also have some soap/wax products that work well.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Been using it for 4 years works great.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:37 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
It is the best thing I have ever bought for washing the MH. It used to take me several hours washing the MH, drying as I went to avoid water spots, and having to re-dry the overspray as I moved forward washing. Now I get it done in about an hour, no need to dry as you go and no water spots. I use it for both wash and rinse, do the whole MH and then go back and wipe up any remaining water beads with a microfiber towel(even though you don't have to). That takes me about 20 minutes to do the whole MH.

It comes out much cleaner, spot free, no dull or streaked areas, and ready to wax if you need to. I also wash my cars with it. I wash one car, move it, wash the second car, and then go and wipe down the first car, much like I do the MH, even though there is no need to. I have at times not even dried them at all, if I wasn't going to wax right after. I used to get up at 6am to do the wash before the heat was too much, now I can do it anytime I want. We also use it to wash the windows on our house, which require no drying and they come out spotless.

We have the DIC-20(two tubes) and I get about 3-4 washes of the MH and 6 washes of the cars out of a set of resin tubes before they need replacing. I was not sold on it when we were looking so I went to the actual place where they make/distribute them. The owner of the company showed/explained everything to me and I bought it. I wouldn't wash the MH again without it.

They used to give a discount if you mentioned IRV2. We order the replacement tubes, which they ship for free, with a free return label for the used tubes, on-line. We get them in a few days, and they are very easy/reliable to work with. They also have some soap/wax products that work well.

Great intel with responses however, no one has mentioned the CR Spotless system being used; medium, heavy, single or double canister. I am stored indoor , 43’ and pro waxed annually. What system should I look into? Thanks for the responses.
Blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I have the large double canister and love it. I think for a big motorhome it is worth it to get the best one they make.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 AM   #7

I purchased an "On The Go" deionizer via Amazon, much better value. They have their own website as well.

Size required for DI systems depends on how hard your source water is and how much rinse volume you want between replacement of the media. I got a smaller size because I carry it in the coach. If at home, I'd have a larger one to reduce the service intervals.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #8

We full time an noticed how hard the water around the USA was pretty quickly. So, bought one of these: https://www.portablewatersoftener.co...U=OTG4-DBLSOFT

Huge difference in our water now. Hair and skin feels much better. No hard water build up in the shower either. I also use it when I am washing the motorhome. I get a pretty much spot free dry without toweling.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
We full time an noticed how hard the water around the USA was pretty quickly. So, bought one of these: https://www.portablewatersoftener.co...U=OTG4-DBLSOFT

Huge difference in our water now. Hair and skin feels much better. No hard water build up in the shower either. I also use it when I am washing the motorhome. I get a pretty much spot free dry without toweling.
Two different items. The water softener is good for inside the coach but will not accompish spot free drying when washing. The CR spotless allows you to wash and walk away. The coach air-dries spotlessly, saving a lot of work and avoiding the spotting that happens when you don’t/can’t dry your coach fast enough.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #10

I my experience, it does pretty much dry spot free. In direct sun, there may be a faint few spots on the darker paint or a window, but I have been happy enough to not feel a need to look into another way of washing. Just wanted to give the OP another option.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
Great intel with responses however, no one has mentioned the CR Spotless system being used; medium, heavy, single or double canister. I am stored indoor , 43’ and pro waxed annually. What system should I look into? Thanks for the responses.
I have had the DIC 20 for many years. Works great.
CR Spotless
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
Not sure what you mean by your response, as it was in my original response. I use the CR Spotless DIC-20, which is the two cartridge system. The only difference in the size of the system is the amount of washes you will get out of it before having to change the cartridges. I gave info of how many washes I get out of it, but that is all based on the water quality/hardness where you live. Our water is pretty hard, so other areas may get more/less washes out of the two cartridge system.

If you want a pressurized system they also sell those, but I have no reason for that and do not pressure spray my MH during the washing.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataska View Post
Thinking about buying one we have 36' class a and we have very hard water cannot dry fast enough to not get spots was wondering at $450 how does it work for you. Thanks John
cataska,
Yep, as you can see and read, many happy folks that use them. We've had ours for quite some time. I had one when we lived in the outskirts of San Diego, Ramona to be specific and, well, the water there was fairly hard. The CR20 (double canister) unit would last me maybe, about 6-8 motorhome washings with a couple of pickup and or Jeep washings in between. Then it would begin to leave some spots.

Well, we've since moved to Lake Havasu City AZ a few years ago and, without a doubt, the water that comes out of our fawcetts here in Havasu, is CONSIDERABLY harder than where we came from. I've been told what the PPM or, Parts Per Million of heavy metals and other bad juju is but, suffice to say that, even with a brand new batch of resin in our CR, I get maybe, MAYBE 5 motorhome washings and it then starts to leave spots.

So, for those that say they get considerably more washings of their coach, there's all kinds of variables. I even tried the two hose trick one time. One hose to get the area wet that I was about to wash and one that rinsed it with the CR system. Very little difference in length of time the resin would last and more hassle than it was worth.

CR spotless used to have a fairly well priced resin replacement system where you'd receive two new full canisters and mail back the empty ones for about $65 or so bucks. But, they've halted that remplacement system and the price has gone up. I found a place back east that has a pretty good deal on replacement resin. But, it's not any better resin than CR sells. It still has a short life of converting the water to spotless. Extreme hard water is extreme hard water, PERIOD. One is only gonna get so much performance out of their resin as is possible, based on the water they're putting through it.

And, I've followed all the CR instructions on application too. Using the small volume nozzles etc. They're units can handle upwards of 90 psi but, that's pretty extreme in most cases. Our water pressure exting from our fawcetts at the house is around 40-45 or 50, on a good day. Iv'e talked with CR directly and their units handle easily 75 psi. It's not the pressure that's the governing factor. It's the VOLUME that makes the difference. That's why they tell you to use the smaller volume settings on many pistol grip type water nozzles.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Love the CR Spotless System and agree with a lot of the comments above.

My only complaint is the resin does not last very long for me because I have really hard water. The resin is also acquired from outside the United States and the company has recently increased the price due to tariff issues. Used to be able to get the resin (R1-20) for the DI-120 for about $45. Now it is about $60 on the company's website. Sam's Club is still selling the resin for about $43, but it is hit or miss.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote