Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcamper View Post
Bought one of these:
25 ft. x 1/4" Air Hose for Roofing and Framing Nailers
8 bucks with the 20 percent.. plus a couple of quick release.. I had a bunch of the male 1/4 inch already.
Looks good and flexible for what I will use it for.

The last goodyear rubber hose I got from harbor leaves my hands all black.....
Get the orange/yellow one instead. I have 2 - 25's and a 50 footer
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I have model 919.153090 150 psi light weight works great for tires but not for air tools, not going to build anything out on the road.
This compressor works great with air tools. I run this compressor in our fifth wheel using a xantax 1000 inverter connected to the batteries and can use an air impact gun to easily change tires on the road. Compressor works well with airtools but not a lot of reserve tank for anything heavy duty.
jquinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
This is the answer I was looking for, can one use the AC to change the tires on the RV's, therefore I will purchase one, as the footprint is small and no not doing any major repairs on the road.I have a huge AC in my garage.But like to purchase a small one.
thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 06:25 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought the craftsman last fall/summer and love it and so do the people that camp close to me or the people that hear it running or see it outside the basement or kids on bikes with slack tires or pretty young ladies with a swim float or an air matress that needs air or guys with slack tires on their toad or their Motor home or kids with a half flat soccer ball, basket ball, football or about anything else that takes air. I even use it myself now and I air up my tires before leaving on trips. It is kinda amazing how much air your tires lose after your coach sits for a couple months. We have the 19.5 inch tires and the little compressor will pump them up nicely. I have found that it is easier to get to the 'stems' by removing the hub caps and using the long ''trucker'' type nozzle for the tires. As to the ''coiled hose'' that is the first thing I threw away. I went to harbor freight and bought a ''blue 50 foot hose'' and it works real good and now I can just leave the compressor in the basement and the hose will reach all the tires on my 33 foot coach. One word of advise. If you dont want to meet pretty girls in tiny bathing suits in campgrounds that need air in an air mattress or some kind of ''water toy''.... KEEP YOUR COMPRESSOR HIDDEN IN YOUR BASEMENT. Life is tough sometimes.

I think we should start minding our business and let these other countries make their own destiny........ BRING OUR TROOPS HOME TODAY.
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
I just bought this Craftsman compressor today(150psi). This 15 minute break in being discussed must be a thing of the past...no such instructions in the owners manual. I did it anyway because well, it just makes sense. I agree with Seajay, that cheap hose has got to go.

I have a 'pancake' compressor I've been lugging around (at least 40lbs.)so I'm glad for the weight reduction for my back and the front compartment of the coach as well. All last summer I only used it maybe twice(no bikini clad babes for me), so this new Sear's job is very welcome. BTW, when you buy it in the store, it's $89.95 so I ended up buying the 3 year purchase protection for $13.50 should it go toes up. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
This Sears compressor has got to be one of the best for use in a motor home. I have an earlier version and it came with six feet of straight air hose and about a 20' power cord.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote