Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #15
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Check with frame manufacturer as well as lift manufacturer to confirm exact process as drilling frame rail not good in certian places.

Good lock and more photos!
The installation guide is pretty good about where to drill and where not to drill. I have worked on OTR trucks and have done some frame drilling before. Biggest thing is just don't get in a hurry. It will take a while to drill at least 24 holes.

1996 Rexhall 38" w/tag, 1 & 1/2 bath, double side entry doors, no slides on a F53 chassis with a 460 and a 2000 Wrangler soft top in tow.
Handyhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #16
Great buy and a neat project! I'm with the others that would just get some plates made and have them welded on but it sounds like you have the equipment and skill to do the drilling so...

Sure would like to follow along so hope you post more pictures!

BTW, I have an old Powergear system of 3 hydraulic jacks and if I forget to retract, when I take the rig out of "P" they retract automatically. Is there a reason your new system doesn't do that? Curious.

'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #17
Location: 2004 Country Coach Sienna, 4 slides. Full timer and drifting continually
Craigslist is a great thing!!! Good for you and the seller. I'm sure the seller is happy to get an unneeded "thing" off his hands and mind. I love Craigslist and living in the cyber age. Good luck with that project.
steve11669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Craigslist - depends on how brave you are. I am a chicken..... Glad you got a good deal.
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #19
If you have worked on OTR rigs and done some frame drilling, it should be an easy project for you. My biggest concern is that you have enough room for your drill motor to be able to hold it square (horizontally).
I would measure twice (actually for me about 4 times!) Use a punch to mark the spot, drill a pilot hole and use a good split point or equivalent drill at slower speeds.

Good luck and have fun!
That was an excellent buy, IMO

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I answered an ad for a roadmaster falcon terrain towbar for the same year Trailblazer that I had just gotten and the guy wanted $300 for it. Found out his Trailblazer had been in an accident and he didn't need it. Then he said that he had a Power Gears (?) brake unit from the same vehicle that he'd sell me for another $100. Found out later that it was the same car. OOppss. He'd hit someone from the rear that was hard enuff a hit to blow the air bag and had had the car repaired and not reported. My rv guy found some badly straightened sheet metal when they were installing the new base plates and we turned him in. I think his buddy at the repair shop lost his license.

'01 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
2011 Jeep Liberty
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote