Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Take a look at the FW Excursion 33A or 33D.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #16

Take a look at a Winnebago 34B Journey or a 34B Meridian. We downsized from a 39' Excursion. There is more storage space than the Excursion and it is a lot easier to get around with.

jreichlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I wondered what happened to you folks.
Good to see you're still offering mind bending questions.

If you want the ride, then my opinion is you're going to be in a DP. Since you're familiar with Fleetwood go to their web site and look under the brochures library - Click on the Visit Brochure Archive - and try the '08 Bounder Diesel. It will get ya down to 34' and up to 38' feet, each with the same chassis weights and the 6.7 ISB. You will lose the ISC engine, HP and torque - but have the same Allison 3000MH transmission. After '08 the Bounder changes.
Okay. You're obviously much more versed than we are... What's ISB? ISC?

Quote:
I can tell ya now - floor plan is going to be critical coming out of the 40x and you will notice the difference between the ISB and ISC - but I love my Bounder and many do. But like I said check other brands.
Yeah, we're a little worried about the change in floorplan. As you know, the 40x is one of the best. However, because the floorplan is so amazing, we never felt the need to get out of it! First world problem, I know, but we were really so at home, that if we weren't out gallivanting, we were inside. For the most part, in the campgrounds we were in the coach. We're hoping the smaller coach will force us outside to actually do some "camping". You know, the whole campfire and sitting outside deal? Does that sound crazy?

Quote:
By now you either have or can easily create your list of nice to have, must have and don't need. It's just a matter of how much your willing to give up and how much your wallet will stretch.

Looking forward to watching you guys do it again and I'm really not surprised the bug bit ya. Full time for a year can prove dangerous - by turning into 2 years and so on. Have fun and enjoy the journey.
Steve and Annie
Thanks! Wallet is shrinking, not stretching. What are your thoughts on the Tiffin Breeze? We owned a Tiffin gasser in the past and liked it. How do you think that would compare to our Fleetwood?
Old 07-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichlin View Post
Take a look at a Winnebago 34B Journey or a 34B Meridian. We downsized from a 39' Excursion. There is more storage space than the Excursion and it is a lot easier to get around with.

Nice but out of our price range... Looking in the low 100's
Old 07-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I believe you current coach has the 360 HP 1050 torque Cummins ISC engine. The '08 Bounder came with the smaller - little engine that could - 325 turbo 750 torque.

As for getting out of the coach and into the outdoors. One foot in front of the other.
I'm currently hunting for a Jeep Wrangler for a toad - and as recall you were toadless. Ha! Or renting a car as needed? I think a Jeep would get ya moving.

Since you had a gasser you know the difference. Maybe you would be happy going back to it. I think if I were in your shoes I could do it but it would be hard. The thing you have to be careful of is the cargo capacity if going full time. So research that aspect of whatever you're looking at. It's been said 1,500 lbs per person for full time. Seems reasonable to me. Personally I like to leave headroom and be underweight rather than at or near capacity.

Keep us informed of your progress.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I'm not going to be much help, you see I found the coach of my dreams, a 08 Excursion 40x down in Texas. Watched diligently for weeks. Planning, saving, dreaming! Then one day it was gone!

Well luckily I found another, this time a Discover 40x 2008 and all was well in who-ville. I love my 40x, I can't imagine being happy in anything else! Best of luck in your shopping and future planning. I truly hoped you would be able to sell it quickly giving me hope in recovering some of my money when the time comes.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I truly hoped you would be able to sell it quickly giving me hope in recovering some of my money when the time comes.
As far as selling goes...I was told that it would take longer to sell in the Northeast, but will get a higher price than if we were selling in the south or west, where it would sell faster. We shall see...we've had a lot of people calling on it. Just waiting for someone who's ready to pull the trigger! We really do love it, it's just so big! Glad you're enjoying yours!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #22

Hi guys! glad to hear from ya! After the 40x I think it would be pretty tough to go below a 33' or 34' and feel very comfortable. Here's a sample of the Itasca Meridian 34' mentioned above ... you could probably pick up something like this for $60Kish.

Used 2004 Itasca Meridian 34 H Motor Home Class A - Diesel at Windish RV Center Lakewood Colorado Windish RV Center

Good luck! You have my number. Call me if I can help.

Kathryn

~~~

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Check Used RVs, Motorhomes for Sale, and Consigned sales - PPL Motor Homes as they go thru MANY motorhomes each month. There are pictures, floorplans and they are good at listing particulars of the coachs.

H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote