Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #57

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
Noticed in your signature pic - your a little over that white line
Yep, the people in Camas park like that!

Back in 1966 I worked at the paper mill in Camas.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Yep, the people in Camas park like that!

Back in 1966 I worked at the paper mill in Camas.
I was parked on the street in front of my house and got a ticket.😱 Seems in Camas, if you're over 20' you can't be parked more than two hours! Wha?!? So I called the Police and they let it go. They said they wouldn't have normally given out a ticket but someone must've complained. Oh, and I was well over to the curb and inside the white line! 👍
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugmongous View Post
just curious, does driving a 488,00# B-52 around 3,300,000 miles count

Gotta add some levity to this discussion.
Glad to see there are still some B-52 guys out there and having fun with the RV lifestyle. While I didn't pilot one, I was master crew chief for many years and got to "ride" for many thousands of miles over the years.
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #60
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
Noticed in your signature pic - your a little over that white line
man, what an eye! he was making a room for the guy changing his tire on the shoulder at his right
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Allen, Bill, & Neil,... overall it was a fun career, and helps me to take everything in stride today because I can't even come close to the stress and excitement I had with the Buff. It all builds character.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon190 View Post
I was parked on the street in front of my house and got a ticket.😱 Seems in Camas, if you're over 20' you can't be parked more than two hours! Wha?!? So I called the Police and they let it go. They said they wouldn't have normally given out a ticket but someone must've complained. Oh, and I was well over to the curb and inside the white line! 👍
LoL, Camas. My folks moved to Camas when I went off to college.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:01 PM   #63

Crazy RV Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by D in Davie View Post
?..The stress of driving this thing may eventually force me to sell but I now can keep it between the lines and I've learned to drive slower than traffic. 62 MPH is my top speed...

Posts like this make me sad...and a bit angry.

If driving your motor home is stressful, you need more training and practice. If you are afraid to go faster than 62, you need more training and practice. Why would you drive SLOWER than the other traffic? You are just creating more problems for yourself by doing that. If the speed limit is 70 and all the other traffic is moving along at 70, drive at 70! You fit in with everyone else that way and you are not constantly dealing with people passing you.

Driving a motor home SHOULD be a very relaxing experience. Quite honestly, I would rather drive our motor home than my car. And I have a very nice car...
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post

If driving your motor home is stressful, you need more training and practice. If you are afraid to go faster than 62, you need more training and practice. Why would you drive SLOWER than the other traffic? You are just creating more problems for yourself by doing that. If the speed limit is 70 and all the other traffic is moving along at 70, drive at 70! You fit in with everyone else that way and you are not constantly dealing with people passing you.

Driving a motor home SHOULD be a very relaxing experience. Quite honestly, I would rather drive our motor home than my car. And I have a very nice car...
Yeah like this.... because surely the faster you drive the better the ride when ...

That's a totally asinine thing to say to someone..... If he's comfortable at 62 mph, it's perfectly legal, and ordinary, for him to do so. Don't make him out to be an idiot for saying it....

I never had, or still have, any issues being created for myself by driving 65...
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #65

Personally, my opinion, would 5MPH have made any difference? Man that was a pretty MH!
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #66

Crazy RV Drivers

I drive ours typically 62-65. I'm comfortable at that speed , the RV seems happiest, I have some pedal left to drive out of a blow out if needed.
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Sorry - but your suggestion that if the speed limit it 70 ... we all need to be driving 70 is flat out wrong. Any road with a 70 mile an hour speed limit in my state is an expressway - with posted minimum speed of 45 mph ... and a reduced maximum speed limit for trucks of 60 mph. I set my cruise control somewhere in the 62-65 mph range - not because I'm afraid to drive 70 - but because it's the smart and safe thing to do.

My 43,000 lb vehicle has much more in common with a large truck (and their reduced maximum speed limit of 60 mph) than I do with passenger cars.

My tires have a maximum speed rating of 75 mph. Staying at 85% - 90% of that maximum rating is also the safe and prudent thing to do.

Your advice to push my speed so that I can keep up with passenger car traffic while ignoring the posted limits for other large vehicles my size and pushing near the upper limits of maximum speed ratings of my vehicles tires is simply WRONG.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I drive ours typically 62-65. I'm comfortable at that speed , the RV seems happiest, I have some pedal left to drive out of a blow out if needed.
Yah, our coach is happiest at 65 as well. I am happiest at 75, but the coach REALLY doesn't like that
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:47 PM   #69

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Try driving in CA towing a towed. Speed limit is then the same as the trucks (55) while the cars are doing 70+. AND CA does like to give out tickets to RV'ers!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 PM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Try driving in CA towing a towed. Speed limit is then the same as the trucks (55) while the cars are doing 70+. AND CA does like to give out tickets to RV'ers!
No doubt! You hit CA and it's like crawling over the surface of the moon.... for many many many hours and then some more....
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver