Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2016, 07:56 PM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Crazy RV Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
My formal training consisted of stealing the keys to my parents winnebago when they left the house for a few hours. It was 1976 and I was 11 years old. I still remember the parents faces in the neighborhood when I came barreling down their streets, going way too fast taking off low hanging tree branches and knocking off marker lights on the front of the Winnie! Im not sure if they saw me and the look on their face was them trying to figure out my age or just pure shock! I drove that thing around for hours until parking it back in its spot, parallel mind you on a chicago city street just before my parents pulled back in. They asked what I was doing in the RV and I told them I was listening to the radio. They never found out until I told them many year later.............,,

LOL. ..... and none of those shocked and horrified neighbor parents thought to inform your parents or the police as an obvious kid roared around the neighborhood for an hour or more. Surely they were able to recognize a motorhome that had been routinely parked right on the neighborhood streets!! And I guess your own parents never even noticed the paint scratches from the broken tree branches, or the shattered marker lights.

I'm no expert on how things worked in Chicago in the mid 70s, but on duty in the AF in the 70s the term "no $#*t story" would have been floating around.

+1 on the no more oversight. 👍

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 02 DS, FL, Cat, '04 Element NHSO RVM103

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:31 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
My formal training consisted of stealing the keys to my parents winnebago when they left the house for a few hours. It was 1976 and I was 11 years old. I still remember the parents faces in the neighborhood when I came barreling down their streets, going way too fast taking off low hanging tree branches and knocking off marker lights on the front of the Winnie! Im not sure if they saw me and the look on their face was them trying to figure out my age or just pure shock! I drove that thing around for hours until parking it back in its spot, parallel mind you on a chicago city street just before my parents pulled back in. They asked what I was doing in the RV and I told them I was listening to the radio. They never found out until I told them many year later. So, I guess you can say I have been driving these things all my life. I have driven school buses with trailers behind, tow trucks since I was 16 and my 36 foot motorhome with a 24 foot trailer behind. Not once have I had any type of training or special licensing and not once have I had an accident. We do not need any more oversight in our lives, folks get along just fine.
That story is hilarious, thank you!
You are so very right, we don't need more oversight/laws to regulate our lives.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #115

Forest River Owners Club
Wow. One thing that is for sure? You folks on this silly forum will argue about anything.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #116

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
Wow. One thing that is for sure? You folks on this silly forum will argue about anything.

Hey, it's good to see you're enjoying our "silly forum" and that you're so interested that you keep using it. Glad to have you.

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver