Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #1

Crossfire dual tire pressure

I have been holding off getting these for the rear duals, but I will be getting new tires in the next couple of weeks so this would be a good time to have them installed. If I also add a TPMS would you just use one sensor on the crossfire rather than one on each tire?

Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System, 95 PSI, one per pkg. (CF95STABT) : Amazon.com : Automotive

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've put this on both coaches I've owned. I have yet to trust putting a TPMS system back since my experience with the TST. I just keep a close eye on my tires the conventional way.

I'm happy with the performance of the Crossfire setup

Old 01-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I've put this on both coaches I've owned. I have yet to trust putting a TPMS system back since my experience with the TST. I just keep a close eye on my tires the conventional way.

How did you select the crossfire preset pressure range. Example if you run 95 psi on the rears do you go with the 95 psi preset or move up to the 100 psi preset and still run 95psi in the tires. I don't know if that makes sense. Thanks
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes. One sensor per Crossfire.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I selected my cold pressure recommendation of 85 so when I check them cold I know what I've got in there. They rise throughout a trip and the red flag comes into view. If it doesn't I know there's an issue.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

I am curious what bad experience have you had with TST ?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
5 out of the 6 transducers corroded onto my valve stems so I had to have them cut off. With that the tires had to come off the rims so that new stems could be put on and then the tires had to be remounted. It cost me $250.00. I still have to have the two on my tow dolly cut off since they are seized on as well.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

What happened with your TST TPMS, you mentioned
Old 01-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
What happened with your TST TPMS, you mentioned
It still sits in my garage. I wouldn't feel right selling for fear the same thing would happen to whom ever I sold it to. Eventually I'll throw it out. Probably after I have the two sensors cut off of my tow dolly wheels.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #10

I'm not clear on how a TPMS works with the Crossfire system. If a tire blows out an internal valve keeps the remaining tire from losing pressure. If so, how does the TPMS sensor get triggered? I've looked at their website and it doesn't seem to address that.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
I'm not clear on how a TPMS works with the Crossfire system. If a tire blows out an internal valve keeps the remaining tire from losing pressure. If so, how does the TPMS sensor get triggered? I've looked at their website and it doesn't seem to address that.
If one tire blew the cross fire would still allow about 10psi to escape which should trigger your tpms system. The other method is to install either flow through sensors on both valve stems or use a tpms with internally mounted sensors
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #12

We're running 105 CF's, with single tire monitor. I have/had two concerns, but felt the upside of CF's were enough to offset them.

1) Yep, what happens if one of the tires has a slow leak, or rapid failure. And yes, depending on the CF's to not shut off until enough PSI is lost to trigger the tire sensor.

2) My biggest concern, is the problem that Park House Tires had installing the CV's on my wheels. They got them on, with some 'tweaking'. The Manager suggested if we ever needed to have a tire repaired on the side of the road, to be sure the tire guy coming knew that we had CF's before he came. (I kept the existing extender hose from inside wheel to outside wheel, as good chance the roadside gent will not want or have the proper equipment to re-hook the CF's back up. Will probably need to do either the extender, or just air the inside tire to the proper inflation and install it. I'll then go into a tire shop that has the time and the gear needed to re-install the CF's.)

Best to all,
Smitty

Tags
tire pressure