Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I'm seriously considering going that route as well. The Ecolite filter goes for about $200CAD up here in B.C.

The worst of it is not even the high price. Every time you replace the filter, you are opening the intake plumbing and introducing the possibility of not getting a good seal with the new filter. Engine dusting is a very real possibility with a leak after the air filter. Diesels don't have much tolerance for poor intake filtration.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:49 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
This isn't correct. Speedco lists the Cummins ISC and ISL under their medium duty PM for $174.99. Link
That is a very good price for an oil change, all filters and grease. I will be looking into these shops for future reference.

Here is how I got ripped off on the first maintenance on my MH and I will never give a blank check anymore for any service on a MH. One of the reason I went to Walie after that.

I really got scr....., I did'nt know better and took it to a Cummins / big truck shop thinking they would do a good job at a fair price. They asked me if they also check fluids, tires and grease. I gave them the OK to go. They did a good job, but they really ripped me off. I realized after the fact that they where doing all these very simple, I mean very simple task at $110 an hour. Air in tires, grease in a few nipples, checking fluids, these are very simple task that could be done by anybody with minimum training, not by the super tech of the floor.

Here are the details on the bill:

Oil and fuel filter change: $244
Grease: $44
Check and fill tire pressure: $32
Check and fill coolant; $36

This total: $356. Add %15 tax on this!!

Never again!

Old 11-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #45

Quote:
This isn't correct. Speedco lists the Cummins ISC and ISL under their medium duty PM for $174.99. Link
Koop
Why bother to post it if you know it "isn't correct"?
Wondering
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 11-05-2015, 08:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Koop
Why bother to post it if you know it "isn't correct"?
Wondering
Mel
'96 Safari
Mel, the OP stated he has a Cummins ISL. I quoted a reply that gave the wrong price for Speedco's PM service on that engine and provided a link to the correct price. Is there a problem with that?
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #47

Quote:
Quote:
Mel, the OP stated he has a Cummins ISL. I quoted a reply that gave the wrong price for Speedco's PM service on that engine and provided a link to the correct price. Is there a problem with that?
Koop
No problem!
When you wrote "This isn't correct" I assumed you meant that what you were posting "was not correct".....(just like the bad "Link" in that same message).
Apparently I misunderstood.
Sorry
Mel
'96 Safrai

Tags
cummins