Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Cummins Service center in Ocala, Fl

Am planning to take my Monaco to the center in 2 weeks. They are going to perform a 30,000 mile service on it. Not sure what you get because of 30k verses yearly service. Will ask them to check the brakes and chassis too.

My coach has 31,000 miles on its Isc and it has never been hooked up to a Cummins computer. Will see if I need any updates. This is main reason I am going to use Cummins for this service.

Has anyone used them and what was your experience like? I think they are going to be more expensive than some other paces.

bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
I had them do some work for me last year and things went well. They seemed to know what they were doing and the repairs went well. Hope you also have a good experience.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've never used them, though I've bought some Onan filters there. They have a decent reputation and they seemed friendly and helpful when I visited the shop for parts.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Rv Rick,

I was planning on using their camp after the work is done. Have you used it?

bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
Forest River Owners Club
cummins ocala

they ripped me off twice...one time they told me I had broken motor mount which was causing hard shifting...$300.+ wasted as problem was with tranny...sorry, I don't remember 2nd time but I would seek help elsewhere...their campground is just grassed area behind shop with water & electric.
levendoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Used them last year. Had a code set showing engine speed sensor error. There are two of them on the ISC, and one is back-up for the other. Time to test them to determine which was bad would have taken 4 hours. Tech suggested just replacing both ($57 each) and 1-1/2 hour labor which was a lots less expensive than the test itself.

So I was very happy with their service. They do have water and electric for customers.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote