Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #1

CW new coach showing

These are photos from a new coach showing that was a scheduled visit for a drive from 150 miles away.

(I'm having a really hard time getting these photos to post in the first place. And I am having a hard time figuring out how to add notes. Sorry!)

Light cord hanging down under kitchen cabinets at floor.

TV won't come up straight and makes binding noise.

TV goes down crooked too and makes a binding noise as well.

Lights material bowed at one valance.

Some kind of cap on roof on crooked.

Solar panel installed crooked.

Roof ladder installed crooked.

Gasket hanging down at aqua hot system.

Exterior storage door clasps hanging loose.

(More pictures too but at limit of ten for a post. I'll try to get more on a subsequent post.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2442.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	106082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2443.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	106083  

Name:	IMG_2445.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	106085   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2446.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	106088  

Name:	IMG_2447.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	106089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2448.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	106090  

Name:	IMG_2449.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	106091   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2450.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	106092  

Name:	IMG_2451.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	106093   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2452.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	106094  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #2

These were at CW....

The posts above were at CW of Katy (Houston)

Old 09-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #3

more pics (hopefully)

These too...

Drawer stop incorrectly installed.

Door wouldn't latch.

Pen marks on driver seat.

Also had a door and a drawer that wouldn't even close.

And the usual loose screws on the floor, bedroom fan very wobbly, trim pieces loose, and on and on.

Then they got pissed of at me and rude because I was mentioning these things.

We went with a checkbook and a certified check for $250,000.

We went home with both.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2454.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	106098   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2455.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	106099  

Name:	IMG_2456.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	106100   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2457.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	106101  

Old 09-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #4

Oh, this visit was to see an Itasca Ellipse Ultra 42HL.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #5

Wow, glad you left it at the dealership. Maybe with Potts gone they will start looking seriously at QC and not more ways to to just send them out the door. It would be a real shame to see Winnebago go the way some of the other manufacturers did in the recession because they have lost their way.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #6

Well,
All I can say is, it's too bad that you cannot legally pursue cost of transportation/gas/food, whatever against CW because of basically luring you to a piece of junk, when you were most likely told, "it's a flawless, fine unit, ready to take home". We keep reading on here about issues with CW in all aspects, sales, repairs, store supplies, etc. Apparently they keep selling coaches, repairing coaches, and selling supplies enough, to enough people that, it's still keeping the RV moniker alive.

I'll "one up" you on your experience. Long story short. We stuck a deal, over the I-net, and a few phone conversations, along with a few zillion pictures, from our then, home town of San Diego with a couple in Cedar Falls (Austin) Texas on an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. We were told the coach was flawless. And, from the many, many pictures, it looked really good.

We purchased air plane tickets and, flew to Texas. The owners picked us up at the A/P. We drove to where the coach was stored. The first sight of it was the back, ok, not bad. We get out of their car and, start the inspection. The first thing, the tires were over 7 years old and were seriously cracked. BAD! The owner said: "there's nothing wrong with those, I'd take off on a trip today with them".

Then, I walked around the front, I just about fell to my knees. The entire front end of the coach, covered with 3M or, Diamond Shield, whichever it was, WAS SEVERELY CRACKED, IN A ZILLION SMALL CRACKS, LEADING IN ALL DIRECTIONS. It looked chickens had got onto the front end and scratched their little feet, all over the entire front end, the cap above the windshields, and, the lower section of the entry door.

I was so "PI$$ED OFF" I could barely talk. Needless to say, I vented some "Words" at the owners for not divulging such a deplorable condition of that part of the coach. And, for not telling me the tires were that old and severely cracked. The entry door was corroding or, rusting, under the paint, at the bottom of the door. You could see bubbling of the paint there.

There were a few more "oh, I forgot to mentions" that I found. On the subject of the severely damaged/deteriorating front end, his comment was, "It's only cosmetic, it has no effect on the operation of the coach or, it's value".

Well, I was steaming so bad and so was the wife that, we did not finish the inspection, had them take us to a nearby hotel that we called for a room. I called an RV repair/paint business in San Diego and asked about the removal and reconditioning of the paint (if needed) in a situation like that.

Well, it was going to be seriously expensive for the removal of that 3M, repaint, and, new tires and a few other "I forgot to mentions). So, guess what, WE FLEW BACK HOME, at a cost of $1,300.00 for non-advanced airline tickets.

Talk about one of the worst RV dealings ever. That guy is lucky he's still alive.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #7

That's why it pays to have a local Rv inspector take a look at the Rv before you spend the money on tickets and travel.

Steve and Jill
2005 Panther
23' Trailer
Old 09-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #8

I want to know how many zeroes in a zillion. Wikipedia says there's no such thing.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
I want to know how many zeroes in a zillion. Wikipedia says there's no such thing.
In a few short years the government can tell you how many zeroes in a zillion dollar deficit.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
It's the same amount of "Private" emails that a certain candidate has eliminated.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slemnah View Post
That's why it pays to have a local Rv inspector take a look at the Rv before you spend the money on tickets and travel.

Steve and Jill
2005 Panther
23' Trailer
X10 on that one! We are picking up our new-to-us slightly used 2014 Newmar this week. Dealership could not understand WHY we hired an independent inspector to look at their almost brand new coach last week. Um, because we are driving from three states away in a one-way drop off rental car? Because we do not buy ANY real property without an inspection or appraisal? Because, as a colleague of ours used to tell his employees, "You get what you inspect, not what you expect".