Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #1

Damon?

Hey guys, was just looking at Rv trader and noticed Damons on the cheaper side. Did they go out ??

Sorry I've not been around lately but I'm not like you rich old farts enjoying life and this great country, I'm still a working stiff for about 3 more years.

Thanks
GatorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #2

No Damon / Thor Industries is very much in business and waiting for all the chips to fall so they can pick up the pieces when business begins to return. Just had a minor repair done on my Challenger yesterday, the DEALER said they were still shipping coaches, at a much reduced rate, but still shipping and building sold dealer orders.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Depending on the model year some Damons are "Cheeeper" The one I have is not

Damon is healthy, looks to survive
Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Damon did not have much debt so they can sustain for a while. And their market share (read - their sales did not drop as much as others) is still strong and growing. They should be around when it comes back.

And they do make a pretty good product.
The Woodieboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #5

I resent the "old f@rt" comment. I consider myself as an occasional outgasser of considerable annual observations.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
as a lurker for over 6 months at all the damon dealers within 100 miles or so
it seems all are discounting huge amounts of money on 08's
and i was told by one dealer that damon kicks in money to a dealer selling a coach and is in need of some incentive to get the deal done, one offered us 12k in additional "help" to move a coach

that being said we paused and set back and waited.....tick tick tick
then found a super deal on a tuscany for the same price we were going get the astoria for,
now we get a bigger coach, 6 slides, more power and towing capability
and some cool gadgets not normally found on the astoria, and I liked the astoria a whole bunch, best value for the money, sure they dont have the sanicon as standard, big deal, but....theo other standards and few options more than make up for it in my eyes....
after looking at the tuscany and essence, i feel value is key in this line of coaches.
a year ago we about purchased a monaco product but had some issues with serious fit and finish inside....now i am happy we let it go.

thursday we pick up the new baby and i cant wait to make her a home like our fiver has been, our cedar creek has been absolutely superb.
only down side was cargo capacity, but we managed with planning
i thing forest river and thor are a few of the stronger companies right now, its discouraging to see the big guys taking falls through this odd economy,
teton blew me away, as did alpha. and hitchiker darn near closed.

it has to get better and i am doing my part to stimulate the economy
funny thing is i had to use my credti union for financing....banks are still not releasing money and with a score of over 800 credit wise its ridicoulos what banks want for down payments or collateral.
i suspect this one wil be my last m/h rv for at least ten yers.
just my .02
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote