Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Sitting here reading various post then it hit me, 2 years had trouble with bedroom slide. We were camping over long weekend leaving on Monday. On Sunday checking things out and slide would not go in. No info in manuals concerning bedroom slide. Starting to worry not a lot of tools on hand, looked everywhere could not find anything. Went on line found out 2 relays. One under the stove, go figure. One over the top of the bed. There is a panel at the top of bedroom wall. Took panel off, there was the motor with the other relay. The motor had a 1/4 hex shaft sticking out and was able to borrow a drill and get the slide to come in. Got it home and and was able to jump relay to make it work. Replaced relay and it works fine. Now i carry a rechargeable drill.
jsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #16

I thought we were going to have a pretty good discussion group here but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Oh well. . . . . .

Took our 2001 Day Break out for a trial run this past weekend. Everything worked before we left and when we got ready to level the thing on site I realized the jacks were no longer working. Sigh. . . . We leveled it best we could and left the big slide out in so we were a little cramped but not a big deal. A buddy is coming out Wed. or Thursday to see if we can find out what caused or is causing the problem.

The camp ground was suppose to have 50 amp service but that didn't happen so we only ran one ac. Again no biggie. I'm sure glad it was only 80 degrees Saturday.

Other than those couple of items everything else worked fine. New tires tracked great, semi's past me and nothing earth shattering caused me to have concerns. I did think the shocks were a little loose so I will probably put on a new set before the next outing to Silver City for the Blues festival the end of May. Might take a look at the sway bars while I'm at it just to make me feel better. At 71 I don't crawl around under vehicles as easy as I did in my previous life as a younger person.

One last thing. I got 6.722222222 miles to the gallon doing 62 at 2500 RPM.
Cactusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:32 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to usnret997 Send a message via MSN to usnret997 Send a message via Yahoo to usnret997
The DW is telling me I'm spending to much time in the RV a.k.a. papa's hide out. I just about have it ready for memorial day weekend. Will be the second trip in this one. Keeping it close to home for how. Still don't have the jacks working well. No yellow light coming on or going off. Found the sensor behind the LP tank. Stuck in place. Sounds like a job for WD40.
usnret997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #18

usnret997

I think I would find some electrical or contact cleaner before I would use WD-40. WD stands for water displacement. If it works, good on you!

My electronics guy will come out on Saturday to work on my jack issue and I will post the results shortly there after.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to usnret997 Send a message via MSN to usnret997 Send a message via Yahoo to usnret997
Cactusman, thanks for the information. WD40 blue torch is being used to loosen the springs and hopefully the adjustment screws. I'm looking forward to what the problem is with your jacks.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:41 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
I too have an 06 3272 bought new.
You know there is a Damon forum too
I like my MH, terrible decals that need To be removed if I ever have the time and $!
Ridgmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:44 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Also meant to mention you can run two ac's on 30 amp- did last weekend.
Just turn EVERYTHING else off and make sure to turn one on at a time.
After I have unit cool then I go back to one.
Ridgmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgmar View Post
I too have an 06 3272 bought new.
You know there is a Damon forum too
I like my MH, terrible decals that need To be removed if I ever have the time and $!
My decals are messed up two. Check out the Damon firun, there is a guy there who removed his decals and repainted them himself and they look great. He detailed out each step and exactly which paint he got and how he applied it.

B8ll
Old 04-18-2015, 05:51 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
In reply to Ridgmar, yes there is a Damon forum with all types of Damons and they are all different. Here we are talking only about Daybreaks and Daybreak issues. It saves time going the posts not having to scan non Daybreak. I dont have much in common with a Damon DP. Even though all posts about all MHs are interesting, you sure can burn up a lot of time.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #24

My friend came out this morning and we got to work(he worked,I watched) and we removed the cover off the model 210 joystick controller/leveler. Larry determined that there was 12 volts of power to all the connections but he thought it might be the power switch. After testing he decided that wasn't the problem. There are three connections that run everything and after re-checking those connectors he determined that the 12 volts was not making it's way past the contact springs.

We tried alcohol to clean the ends of the springs and that didn't work so he took a Swiss file and carefully filed across the ends of each spring and Houston we had lift off! We didn't have to go any further than those three springs. He said because it had been sitting so long without being used the springs got a type of glaze on them so no power could flow. I saved myself a bunch of money(it's costing me a dinner for him and his wife) and we now can use the MH for what it was designed to do. Have fun!
Old 04-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cactusman, I'm glad that was all it took. Too wet here in the Florida Panhandle to do anything with mine.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Anybody have problems with their rigs listing to the driver side. Thinking about replacing springs at all corners or going with air bags to bring it level. With is being a 98 and only 23,000 on it. Set for many years.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:31 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
daybreak

Going Monday to look at a 1996 daybreak 2500 I no nothing about the Daybreak other then it is a 26 foot RV and it looks to have everything we are looking for. From this point on it will be a learning experience. If it is as good as shown and talking with owner then I will drive it home. One question I have is what the normal air bag pressure in the suspension?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:49 AM   #28

Damon Owners Club
damon daybreak air pressure

To life member. I run between 70 and 80 lbs in front air bags. I dont know what others run. I made a manifold with individual gauge and fill port for each side. This I placed under the hood, if you can call it that, I attached it to the wiper bracket, I would post a pic, bit I dont know how. It makes it a lot easier to see if there is a leak, which side is low, and to fill.

Tags
damon